PDA

View Full Version : 1500 points of elite power armor gtfo gks

w7west
12-27-2011, 02:04 AM
Gks have been stealing the show when it comes to elite power armor army. Lets show them how it is done. Let abby slap down all of these noob grey knight player with superior combat power. Let chaos show the imperium who is really the top of the line when it comes to deathstars.

Dual lash prince? Gtfo that sh*ts outplayed and doesn't stand a chance against knights or IG. Heres a super fun army to play that I have seen take tourneys and definitely has potential to move up from 1500. To all of the chaos players already rocking this, I salute you. This is bye no means brand new, nor is it revolutionary breading from a several year old codex.

Nonetheless, bols is becoming more stale than a venom spam de army or a chimera spam ig army. Heres an army that brings a change and gives an old codex some new mojo. Plus it lets abby shine in his full glory, putting some real fear into those noobs with their autocannon dreds.

Abby + 10 termies with mark of tzeench. 8 of these termeis have combi weapons, half combiplas, half combimelta. 5 of which have power fists, 2 more have dual power claws. Bring it on paladins, we will rock your sh*t. This is a squad that can strike fear into any unit, no matter how many bs grenades they paid 20 points for.

6 chaos bikers with icon of nurgle. These guys are already legendary for their toughness, but let them prove it again and again. Dark eldar will have a field day with this squad, but every other army will pump turns of firepower into them at no avail. Boost them into your opponents objectives and let abby and company teleport with pinpoint accuraccy into prime killzone. Everything within 15" - 18" of these boys will be in death by plasma/melta range by your deepstriking green bay packers.

2 x 7man plague marines in rhinos with 2x plasma guns and power fists. Want better troops? Sorry they get no better than this. These two squads will hold against anything your opponent can throw at them in this point value. It is also possible to equip the rhinos with heavy weapons including havoc launchers or tw plas to put even more ranged pressure on the enemy.

Wait that's it? Where are the autocannon dreds or the 15 missile launchers?

Shooting is for noobs. Let the little kids with the gk's do that. We are here to slam them down in cc and shrug off everything their guns can fire. abby and company will beat the piss out of 1500 points of pallys, plus every unit in the army can shrug off hundreds of str 4 shots.

Instead of complaining about psychotoke nades, lets just beat the piss out of gk's and ignore their str 8 spam nonsense. I employ all chaos players with the proper models to try this out, it has been working very well locally at shutting down everything the current meta can throw.

It's gonna get hot in here with the flames coming in, but who cares? Make those gk noobs at your lgs sell that **** and buy all of their blood angels again, it wont matter. Abby will slay them as well, and the great unclean one will smile as his minions hold steadfast on objectives all over the galaxy.

doom-kitten
12-27-2011, 03:35 AM
Ahhh this brings back the memories, not quite of this army but a buddy or mine played a nurgle army and it was so awesome to play against, miss him alot. Used to be a pin in the butt to beat him and he always managed to kill my canoness with a powerfist in CC with the same unit leader, this was back in the glorious days of jump-pack canoness and 2++ with Blessed Weapon...sniffle she was sooo worth the points. The Termie sqaud was never there well it was but no Abby and had a Nurgle witch in termie army instead and the two Vindicators...never forget the pain those where, took out my whole seraphim squad with those every game no matter what I did. Ah well anyways I love the list and would enjoy playing against it personally getting tired of the wanna be guard chaos, one guy I play runs three defilers and just sits in his DZ lobbing templates at me and the other guy...well lets not go there.

Awesome army and I'm gonna nag my chaos pals to run it, do you have a full list of upgrades I can give to them? If you got more Chaos lists I'll pass those along too.

Ps. Question Time, a friend wants to run all Tzeentch, is that a good idea or bad?

w7west
12-28-2011, 01:43 AM
A pure tzeench army not only looks amazing, but can lay a smackdown as well. The main thing to look out for is in the troops sections.

Thousand sons unfortunately do not pack the punch that their points cost suggests. There is good news though. Chaos space marines are a steal at 15 points for space marines with cc weapons, pistols, and bolters. Mark of tzeench works very well with these squads, giving them a 5++ which will help immensely against power weapon armies and turning a basic troop squad into a squad that can hang in cc with the best of them. I would suggest taking advantage of these troops and running two 10 man squads with meltas in rhinos. These are very solid troops that can take nearly as much punishment as plague marines.

I would still run a squad of thousand sons because of the models and power armor killing potential. They do not work well as offensive troops, but can be effective in a nine man squad holding your back objective. Just make sure there is an open area for them to turn into a killzone within 24" as units approach. The added popularity of necrons may make these units even more effective. I would use this unit to place the HQ because adding a tzeench lord can really make this squad deadly.

I would give the tzeench lord a demon weapon so he can add to the ap3 shooting in the squad, as well as give them some close combat prowess. This squad still wont go toe to toe with a lot of dedicated cc, but will be able to ward off any casual assaults.

At 1500 I would completely leave out that thousand sons and tzeench lord squad, because there is a much more important squad to add:

10 tzeench termies with tzeench sorc in termy armor. Give the sorc winds and perhaps another power if you have extra points. The termies you can equip however you please, but I would go with some reaper autocannons to take out light transports. Unfortuneately, a tzeench army cannot afford to deepstrike their termy unit. These guys will need to footslog, so having two reapers laying down firepower each turn will be useful. Make sure they have a few power fists and or lightning claws and they will be a real close combat threat.

A 1500 point tzeench army will basically be those three units; 2 tzeench csm troops, and the tzeench termies with sorc. You will have some extra points to afford a support unit of your choice. The core is solid though, as long as they stick together. Get one squad isolated and it will be near useless, but together the army should work fine. I would go with 5 solo spawns just to make things interesting and perhaps an awesome forgeworld tzeench lascannon dred but there are lots of options to fill the last 250 points or so.

I'll try to come back with a detailed 1,500 list using abby with specific upgrades. The one I posted was NOT my own, but rather my interpritaTion of a few different armies that have been taking the lgs by storm lately. The main discrepencies lie in the customization of the bikers and termy squads, as well as the inclusion of lessor demons at this point value.

One thing is for sure, these armies are very fun to play with and against. Definitely armies you can feel proud to play with and let the player use their own brain to win matches, rather than sitting back and shooting like we see so often these days.