PDA

View Full Version : 2500 pt. Guard w/allied GKT.

RogueFox
09-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi all,
IG player trying something new out here; I have a small daemonhunters force and I really like the Grey Knight Terminator models. So I concocted this list to try and include them against an opponent who hit me with three landraiders, one godhammer, one crusader, one redeemer. The crusader had seven TH/SS terminators with Lemartes. He also deepstruck assault terminators with TH/SS, and kept two tactical squads in the other two LRs and drop podded an Ironclad Dreadnought. He also had Vulkan Hestan to make his meltas and THs more effective.

So, here goes. I have about 109 points of playroom, so I'm not quite sure what to add. Any suggestions are welcome.

2500 pt. 501st Inquisitorial Orbital Drop Shock Troopers

HQ-
Company Command Squad
- Chimera
Total: 155

Elites-
-5 GKTs and BC
Holy Relic
Total: 321

Troops-
2x Veteran Squads
- 3x Plasma Gun per squad
- 1x Lascannon Team per squad
- 2x Grenadiers
3x Veteran Squad
- 3x Meltaguns per squad
- 2x Chimera Armoured Transport
Total: 740

Fast Attack-
2x Devil Dog-
- Hull Mounted MM
Vendetta
Total: 400

-Heavy Support
1x LRBT
-Lascannon/ HB sponsons
1x LR Executioner
-w/ Plasma Sponsons
*Above are squadroned
1x LR Demolisher
-Lascannon w/ Multimeltas
Medusa
- Enclosed Crew Compartment
Total: 775

Grand Total: 2391

Two melta vets in Chimera, One melta vet squad in the Vendetta, the Plasma vets will hold the line with the CCS, while the GKTs will deepstrike onto the field wherever they are needed to repel enemy terminators or destroy an exposed element of his army.

Thoughts on this list?

Desaster
09-13-2009, 07:22 PM
How can you ahve Lemartes (Codex Blood Angels) and Hestan (Codex Space Marines) in the same army?

Concerning your list:

CCS is BS 4, they need guns, lots of guns! At least a LasCan.

Take 2 GK with TH/SS for wound allocation. Add heavy weapon.

Veterans are okay, Plasma is a bit expensive, but as long as you're laying against MEQ, it' s okay.

Leman Russ Squadrons are a no-go. Drop the standard Russ.

Give the Executioner a LasCan, and change the loadout of the Demo to 3x hBolter.

Maybe you want to add an Inquisuitor? Free shooting on deep striking units, another capable CC-fighter and more firepower? Add more chimeras, add some Sentinels with PlasmaCannons, or outflanking Scout Sentinels with AutopCannons?

mkerr
09-13-2009, 08:39 PM
So I concocted this list to try and include them against an opponent who hit me with three landraiders, one godhammer, one crusader, one redeemer. The crusader had seven TH/SS terminators with Lemartes.

It sounds like you guys are playing Apocalypse games. Apocalypse is a lot of fun, but it won't hold up to "competetive" armies. I find that it works best if you work together to build army lists and the game. Instead of treating it like a pick-up game or a tournament, treat it like a one-game campaign.

Here are my comments on your list.

1. You need Meltaguns or Plasma Guns in your command squad (preferably Meltaguns). I would also recommend an Officer of the Fleet.

2. Your Grey Knights are crazy expensive, so make sure that you are careful with them. I would drop the Holy Relic (too over-priced). I'd drop a GTK and go with a 6-man unit; consider an Incinerator (especially if your army has a Teleport homer) or a Psychic Hood (if your opponents use psychic powers).

3. Don't mix special weapons and heavy weapons in your Veteran units. Generally, you just want 3 Meltaguns or 3 Plasma Guns (because these units need to be mobile).

4. You are spending a TON of points on heavy support for this army.

I wouldn't bother "holding the line" with this army. You are better off all mechanized.

Best of luck.

-- mkerr

Desaster
09-13-2009, 10:23 PM
Using squadron of Leman Russ in an Apo-force is even worse...

I disagree on the veterans - a squad with 3 plasma guns + LasCan (or cheaper: 3 grenade launcher and an AutoCan) is agreat line-holder, especially with the grenadier doctrine.

If this is an Apo-force:
Get a Baneblade, blast away those puny Land Raiders :cool: