snikrot
12-25-2011, 12:13 PM
this just popped up in my inbox:

mordiano
12-25-2011, 08:16 PM
Elysians just got cheap plastics...

faolan
12-25-2011, 09:35 PM
I like 'em, a very generic SciFi look and feel that's higher tech than GW.

eldargal
12-25-2011, 10:49 PM
Not bad, not very inspired but not bad. Better than most other Mantic trash, not quite as nice as the Forgefathers.

fuzzbuket
12-26-2011, 04:09 AM
dear mantic plz rename yourself to

obviously not: sqauts,chaos dwarfs,chaos squats, orks or elasyains.

ffs even the gun is a exact copy of a lasgun.

Grailkeeper
12-26-2011, 04:45 AM
The Officer one looks THE IMAGE of the Judge I appear in front of most regularly. The only difference is the model appears to be a scowling grimdark type where as Nolan J. is a very friendly man( and a non smoker) .

http://ttfix.blogspot.com/2011/12/mantic-games-warpath-corporation-greens.html

mikethefish
12-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Definitely an improvement over plastic Cadians! Love em!

The heavy weapon troopers will make or break these guys though IMO

Chris Copeland
12-28-2011, 01:34 AM
I just went and looked at these at Mantic's site. Now I want to start a Guard army!

Lord Azaghul
12-28-2011, 07:39 AM
Not bad, not very inspired but not bad. Better than most other Mantic trash, not quite as nice as the Forgefathers.

LOL, spoke like the a true GW fan girl - I would have been shocked if you'd actually left out the veiled insult for once. ;)

I think the models are fine - love the look of then - after getting my hand on some mantic stuff, I think an entire army made off them will look fantastic on the table top.

I look foward to mantics other 'corporate' offerings.

eldargal
12-28-2011, 07:49 AM
It isn't about GW, Mantic just produce subpar miniatures in my opinion. There are a good two dozen companies that produce better, not just GW. They are cheap, that is pretty much all they have going for them.

As for these, they aren't at all bad, I think the steel plates on the helmet look silly but on the whole they are good miniatures. Along with the Forgefathers they are the first Mantic I could see myself buying, apart from perhaps some zombies.

If anyone thinks I criticise a companies models just because they aren't GW, they should check this thread (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=17821). I am a huge fan of using other companies models to add variety to my armies and heartily encourage everyone to do the same.

wittdooley
12-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Agree with EG. Its not that I 'm a GW fanboy..I'm a good miniatures fanboy.

Previously, I haven't much cared for the aesthetic of the Elves (way too thin), the Orcs (too monkey-ish for me), or the Dwaves (simply ugly, IMO).

I have, however, liked the zombies/ghouls very much, and use them.

I think these "Corporation" minis are nice, and will certainly be used in my unpainted, played once, have them because i'm a slave to the Emperor, IG army.

With that being said, I think their Tag about the "Galaxy is burning" is cheap and, IMO, indefensible dig at GW. It's stuff like that that make me dislike them for the very same reason I hate political commercials.