PDA

View Full Version : [1750] Dark Angels - Deathwing

Akaiyou
12-23-2011, 01:32 PM
1750 Pts - Dark Angels Roster - Deathwing

HQ:
. . 1 Belial, Master of the Deathwing, 130 pts (Lightning Claws (pair))
. . 1 Interrogator-Chaplain in Terminator Armour, 150 pts (Combi-Plasmagun)

Elite:
. . 1 Venerable Dreadnought, 175 pts (Twin-Linked Lascannon; Missile Launcher;

Venerable)

Troops:
. . 4 Upgraded Deathwing Terminator Squad, 285 pts (Power Fist x1; Storm Bolter x2;

Chain Fist x2; Lightning Claws (pair) x1; Heavy Flamer; Apothecary; Standard Bearer)
. . . . 1 Sergeant (Power Sword; Storm Bolter)
. . 4 Deathwing Terminator Squad, 250 pts (Power Fist x2; Storm Bolter x2; Chain

Fist x1; Lightning Claws (pair) x1; Assault Cannon)
. . 4 Deathwing Terminator Squad, 250 pts (Power Fist x2; Storm Bolter x2; Chain

Fist x1; Lightning Claws (pair) x1; Assault Cannon)

Heavy Support:
. . 1 Land Raider, 255 pts (Pintle-mounted Storm Bolter)
. . 1 Land Raider Crusader, 255 pts (Pintle-mounted Storm Bolter)

Total Roster Cost: 1750

This is my list using the models I own so not particularly looking for advice on what to change outside of what is actually available to me.
Extra models I own include:

1 Dreadnought
1 terminator w/heavy flamer
1 terminator w/powerfist & stormbolter
1 chainfist that's interchangeable with any of my models

Any thoughts on the unit set ups? I set them up so there's 5 diff sets of models for wound allocation. Meaning each terminator is unique in it's unit.
What would the weaknesses of this list be as you would forsee it in a 1750 pt tourney setting. Which armies should I plan extra careful for?

blackarmchair
12-23-2011, 05:27 PM
For what models you have I think you've done well.

Ideally, I would drop the chaplain and most probably at least one of the Land Raiders. The idea behind deathwing is to spam Cyclones on highly durable troops that pose a threat in melee.

Heavy Flamers really are a no-go; the list is a bit weak against horde (that's what your dreads are for) but 9 times out of 10 on a foot army you won't really get much use out of a template weapon. Assault Cannons are okay, the issue is their 24" range versus a cyclone's 48" range.

Lightning claws too are a no-go. In a standard SM army a 10-man terminator squad can afford to have a few LC guys because they have enough storm shields to allocate armour-breaking wounds. In a 5-man Deathwing squad you need to pack in the storm shields; your sustainability comes from that 2+/3++ and an extra attack doesn't warrant giving that up.

I would kit the DW squads out as follows:
+ Deathwing Terminator Squad [240]
- 1x Deathwing Terminator Sergeant with Stormbolter & Chainfist
- 3x Deathwing Terminator with Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield
- 1x Deathwing Terminator with Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield & Cyclone Missile Launcher

This configuration is more focused, has a chainfist for heavy armour/walkers and actually saves you points. If you're really worried about surviving or don't really see AV13 walkers or Land Raiders in your area I'd drop the chainfist too (that's your call).

Hope that was helpful!