PDA

View Full Version : 2k Crons Mech/Foot Mix

Atreyu
12-18-2011, 01:53 PM
Being writing lists day and night for few weeks and I think I have hit a good mix of both footsloggers and meched Necrons!

HQ
Necron Overlord-(190)
-Warscythe
-Mindschackle Scarabs
-Resurrection Orb
-Phase Shifter
Royal Court-(125)
Cryptek-(55)
-Harbringer of Destruction
-Solar Pulse
Cryptek-(35)
-Harbringer of Destruction
Cryptek-(35)
-Harbringer of the Storm
-Lightning Field

Troops
8x Necron Warriors-(219) [Destruction Cryptek here]
-Ghost Ark

8x Necron Warriors-(219) [Destruction Cryptek here]
-Ghost Ark

8x Immortals-(136) [Storm Cryptek here?]

8x Immortals-(136)
-Tesla Carbines

Elites
8x Lychguard-(360) [Overlord here/Storm Cryptek here?]
-Hyperphase Swords & Dispersion Shields

Fast Attack
6x Canoptek Scarabs-(90)

4x Destroyers-(160)

Heavy Support
Doomsday Ark-(175)

Annihilation Barge-(90)
-Gauss Cannon

Annihilation Barge-(90)
-Gauss Cannon

Overview of tactics in order of Organization:
HQ
The Necron Overlord is my heavy CC character, attached to the guard possibly with the storm cryptek to have as a counter-attack against anyone assaulting the unit. Each Destruction Cryptek goes into an Ark and acts as part of my anti-vehicle.
Troops
Each set of Warriors embarks in the Ghost arks, which will then be used for fire saturation/quick access to opponent objectives/recovering any lost Warriors that didn't pass the RP roll. The Immortals sit as guards to my own objectives, blasting anything that comes near them, supported by anything around the area.
Elites
Lychguard were given shields to have a nice 4+ invulv and are able to deflect anything that breaks there 3+. Killer CC unit, good durability, and are able to handle TEQ.
Fast Attack
Scarabs are fun little distractions that when they get into contact with a vehicle will have utter fun chewing it up and possibly destroying it themselves! Destroyers were an odd choice for me, but I see them as good rounded troops that will make awesome support for the Immortals defending home objectives. 8 shots at S5 and AP3 is a definite threat.
Heavy Support
Doomsday Ark. Big pie plate of death, nice gauss array defense weapons when not able to target something with the pie plate, only downside is the fact that it is open-topped as all vehicles worth taking in this army are. Hooray for Quatam Shielding! The dual Barges are just the most versatile gun boats ever. Exchanging the bottom guns for the gauss cannons was for support reasons, adding onto the shots from destroyers, and tesla destructors being anti-infantry and even can be used against vehicles that live against scarab attacks.