PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels assault squad

sorienor
09-13-2009, 04:15 AM
As I slowly move forward on my Blood Angels I have finished my first troop choice, 5 assault marines.

The sgt has magnetized arms with power weapon or chainsword, bolt pistol or plasma pistol

Another model has magnetic pistols

I have a separate fist sgt so I didn't make that an option.

I still can't get consistent highlights, but I think these came out better then my other unit, AoBR termies...I need more practice. Also the blending on the shoulder pads isn't great, need more practice on that as well.

Overall this is some of my best work to date, and I'm pretty proud of them. TBH the pics don't do them justice...the harsh lights brings out the fiery orange highlights too much and wash out the shading

The bases are still my home-made temporary lava, because I'm still not sure how I want to base them.

Just need to order up some BA metal pads for them.

Lindargo
09-13-2009, 05:46 AM
Dont hurt me for this... but aren't you missing some shoulder pads? :confused:

wittdooley
09-13-2009, 10:11 AM
I think they look really solid. I think the highlights are good and, if anything, could simply be a little more subtle/thin.

Vash113
09-13-2009, 11:41 AM
It looks like you mean to put the Chapter Symbol on the right shoulder. Though you should know Chapter symbol always goes on the left and is only put on the right if there's a studded shoulder pad on that side or in the case of Terminators who have the Crux Terminatus on their left.

Otherwise the painting looks pretty good.

Slann
09-13-2009, 08:08 PM
painting looks great , will look more complete when you get in the shoulder pads .

wittdooley
09-13-2009, 08:44 PM
It looks like you mean to put the Chapter Symbol on the right shoulder. Though you should know Chapter symbol always goes on the left and is only put on the right if there's a studded shoulder pad on that side or in the case of Terminators who have the Crux Terminatus on their left.

Otherwise the painting looks pretty good.

The Blood Angels do, traditonally, operate a bit differently. Frome everything I've read/seen, their chapter markings are usually on the right--going against the norm--and the company markings are one the left.

Vash113
09-13-2009, 09:35 PM
The Blood Angels do, traditonally, operate a bit differently. Frome everything I've read/seen, their chapter markings are usually on the right--going against the norm--and the company markings are one the left.

Where have you seen that? I can't recall ever seeing or reading anything that even remotely indicates that sort of thing. I'm even flipping through both Blood Angel codexies right now and all the models I see painted have the Chapter Symbol on the left like they're supposed too.

Dia
09-13-2009, 10:44 PM
I don't think the shoulder pad thing is a big deal either way.

In any case, I like the blending on the pads that are there. Nice touch with the molten paint job on the chainsword, too.

Thumbs up.