PDA

View Full Version : MST3K... woun't you.

Prometheus
09-13-2009, 01:41 AM
Mystery Science Theater 3000 rocks.

This isn't really a thread so much as a statemen... and a FACT!

Just kidding, anyone out there watch MST3K? If so what is your favorite episodes?

I think my top 5 are...(in no real order)

- Manos:The Hands of Fate
- Overdrawn at the Memory Bank
- Hobogoblins
- Werewolf
- Godzilla VS Megalon

Honorable Mention: Santa Claus VS The Martians, This Island Earth, Pumaman

ThePov
09-13-2009, 06:22 AM
Dude, that show is my childhood!

Although, I'm not sure Manos: The Hands of Fate deserves to be in the "top" of anything. There's still a stain on the couch where my soul dripped out my ear while watching that...

Brass Scorpion
10-07-2009, 08:39 PM
MST3K is my favorite TV show of all time. I was lucky enough to get Comedy Channel on my cable system during season 2 of the show and became hooked on it almost instantly being a movie buff who has also watched a lot of bad movies deliberately in his lifetime long before MST3K came along. My wife and I went to both Conventio-Cons put on by Best Brains in 1994 and 1996 and we've been lucky enough to see Cinematic Titanic live three times now and we also went to the Rifftrax Live show in theaters a few weeks ago.

By the way, Rifftrax Live is being shown in an encore performance again on October 8. Check out the Satellite News website for more info: www.mst3kinfo.com

Some of my favorite episodes off the top of my head:
Rocketship X-M
Amazing Colossal Man
Pod People
Cave Dwellers
Teenagers From Outer Space
Monster A-Go Go
Magic Voyage of Sinbad

I'll stop there, I could go on quite a bit. ;)

Finally, MST3K Volume XVI (http://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Science-Theater-3000-Limited/dp/B002NS5HOQ/ref=cm_cr-mr-title)from Shout Factory with the limited edition Tom Servo figurine is about to be released.

Prometheus
10-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Hey man do you know what episodes come in that pack, I can read like 4 (Night of the Blood Beast, Santa Claus) . But I am not sure about the other ones.

Brass Scorpion
10-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Episodes in MST3K Volume XVI are:
105 Corpse Vanishes, 501 Warrior Of The Lost World, 521 Santa Claus, 701 Night Of The Blood Beast

I have the top rated review on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Science-Theater-3000-Limited/dp/B002NS5HOQ/ref=cm_cr-mr-title), so if you want detailed info it's all in there. And if you could, give me a "yes" button click that my review was helpful. Thanks.