PDA

View Full Version : Salamander List -2K

Shadoq
12-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Now for something completely different! Yeah...right.

The idea of the list is to combine drop pod assault tactics with maximum usage of Vulkan's "blessing".
I know Sallies get played alot but I'm a sucker for the non-Imo guys in green so here we go:

Vulkan-190pts(No S***)
Captain-160 pts- Artificer, SS, TH
Command Sqd-190pts-Apothecary, 2X Vets with combi flamers, 2x Vets with Combi plasma(Swap for combi melta?)
Drop Pod for Vulkan and friends

Sternguard-255pts- 5X with Combi flamers, 2X with HF, Drop Pod (for dealing with those Ork mobs)
Sternguard-245pts- 5X with Combi meltas, 2X with melta guns, Drop Pod (for dealing with high points units, tank squadrons, Manticores, or other must kill units)

Ironclad Dread-180pts-Normal load plus HF,Drop Pod

Tactical Sqd-220pts- Melta gun, Multi melta, Combi melta on SGT, Drop Pod
Tactical Sqd-220pts- Melta gun, Multi melta, Combi melta on SGT, Rhino
Scout Snipers-140 pts- All Sniper rifles

Landspeeder-100pts- Typhoon, Multi melta
Landspeeder-100pts- Typhoon, Multi melta

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Mr. Pickles
12-14-2011, 02:50 AM
I like the command squad personally, but you are right about the combi meltas. The Captain could be another ironclad as well.

The snipers are not the best idea in a pod list.

I am not sure why you have a squad in a Rhino; this is also not the best with pods.

I am not a fan of Land Speeders, but that is a preference. They always die and give up kill points in a list that already has that weak point.

It seems you like the Sternguard, and I do too, but you really need at least one more Tactical than Sternguard. You could probably just cut the scouts and move points around to fit them in.

I like most of your list, but it could use some tweaking. It suffers from a lack of scoring units (that can survive) with the added pain of extra kill points. To be effective, your pod list wants to have an odd number of pods, so that you can get half of your army in turn one; I would also recommend that you have as many units in pods as possible for the same reason. Also, you want the odd amount of pods so you can drop in all your meltas to crack armor, and then you drop in flamers; Because of this, you want the bigger half of your list to be meltas (this is another reason I do not like the Typhoons, because you have to wait for them).

I hope I was helpful.