PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the road!

computertrucker
12-12-2011, 09:36 PM
Hello all first time posting on the site. As the screenname describes I am a truck driver. I am also an avid table top wargamer. My gaming history goes pretty far back. Battletech back in the 80s. 40k and WFB back in the 90s.
Then I took a break didnt care much for 3rd edition obsoleting my armies. Anyway got back into things with the arrival of Warmachine 1st edition played it on and off for several years. Always loved it but with being a trucker can be kinda hard to find time to play.

Then after my significant other and i had a child I got out of Wargaming for about 2 or 3 years all together. 2 years ago when Warmachine MK2 came along, I ended up getting sucked back into it hardcore. I actually now carry my army, make that armies out on the road with me so I can paint and if I get downtime somewhere who knows maybe find a store to grab a game.

This year I decided (after I said I never would) to get back into 40k which I am getting sucked back hardcore into.

Current Armies
Protectorate of Menoth
Skorne

Ultramarines
and I just picked up the Necron Codex.

Anyway I wanted to say hello and now im off to check out the forums.

Bigred
12-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Welcome!

You are in good gamer truckdriver company.

I hear good ole Brent used to drive the big rigs back in the day (no joke)!

-Bigred

computertrucker
12-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Nice. Ya I know one other Trucker thats a Wargamer as well. Small community of trucking gamers but there are a few. So you guys are out of Austin? I used to live there myself When I got out of the Army.. My Ex wife I met on 6th street lol.

I never did any Wargaming down in Austin as most the people I played with back in those days lived up In Killeen.

david5th
12-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Hello and welcome computertrucker.