PDA

View Full Version : My Command Wave Serpent

Warhamster77
12-10-2011, 09:38 PM
this is my Command Wave Serpent, it lights up, but I don't have pics of that yet http://40kpainting4hire.blogspot.com/

HarlekissofDeath
12-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Very cool, good job!

fuzzbuket
12-11-2011, 11:09 AM
holy carp thats amazing! and it lights up too!? great job and the contrast is great too!

heretic marine
12-11-2011, 05:40 PM
that's awesome. very good job:)

Deadlift
12-12-2011, 02:18 AM
At 1st glance I thought thats rather scruffy, then I put my glasses on and WOW, very very nice. I love the style, the vortex almost looks like an oil painting on canvas. Gems are great. Amazing great job

Jambo
12-12-2011, 04:48 AM
very nice job mate

SotonShades
12-12-2011, 05:35 AM
ditto

seriously though, that is a great job. it is especially hard to paint freehand on an uneven/undulating surface like the eldar vehicles, so really very very good job. will you be doing something similar for a whole army, or it is more of a one off centre piece?

gcsmith
12-12-2011, 06:38 AM
ditto

seriously though, that is a great job. it is especially hard to paint freehand on an uneven/undulating surface like the eldar vehicles, so really very very good job. will you be doing something similar for a whole army, or it is more of a one off centre piece?

I think its more of a centrepiece myself, afterall it is a command vehicle
Deffo spectacular, i wsih i was that good.

SotonShades
12-12-2011, 09:59 AM
I think its more of a centrepiece myself, afterall it is a command vehicle
Deffo spectacular, i wsih i was that good.

True a lot of people work like that, but I know a good few who will start with things like command vehicles, decide they enjoyed doing it and then roll it across a whole army. Tends to happen amongst the more talented painters, such as the OP, but not always the case.

Warhamster77
12-12-2011, 06:17 PM
this is the secondary command serpent for my Alaitoc army, for my phoenix host which is primarily tanks, my Dragon host already has a female farseer on a converted jetbike and an autarch on a converted jetbike plus 40 more jetbikes, each with a converted warlock with murals on the warlock bikes, and the rest standard. My Dragon Wave Serpent will also be lit. and the rest of my wave serpents(14) will be painted with the night sky them I set with my Nightspinner. here is the link to my blog with more pics, still adding pics as I get time between commissions. http://40kpainting4hire.blogspot.com/ and we are on facebook...