PDA

View Full Version : ICs and Movement

Nachodragon
12-09-2011, 09:53 PM
If an IC is joined to a unit, we'll say Obyron, and during the movement phase I want to move his unit one way and I want Obyron to Ghostwalk away somewhere, am I allowed to do that? Who moves first?

chromedog
12-09-2011, 10:18 PM
IC would have to move first and move outside of his 2" joining distance to start with.

thecactusman17
12-10-2011, 01:06 AM
IC's can leave units by not moving at all. In this case, the friendly unit leaves and Obyron could Ghostwalk. If Obyron Ghostwalks otherwise, he drags the unit along, and I think that really defeats the purpose of such a maneuver. ICs can leave their attached units at any time in the movement phase so long as they are no longer within coherency, so just move the offending unit away, then ghostwalk.

Wildeybeast
12-12-2011, 02:31 PM
"An independent character can leave a unit.... by moving out of coherency distance with it".

"Obryon can use the ghostwalk mantle in the movement phase instead of moving normally, If he does, Obryon and his unit..."

So, if he uses his ghostwalk whilst attached to a unit, the unit goes with him. If he wants to detach from the unit, he must move out of coherency with it, he cannot simply 'stay put' whilst the unit goes elsewhere as cactusman incorrectly states. If the unit moves, he must obey coherency rules and move as part of the unit. Of course moving means he loses the opportunity to ghostwalk, so you would need to detach him the turn before you want to ghostwalk or simply take the unit with him when he does so.

Nungunz
12-13-2011, 12:03 AM
IC's can leave units by not moving at all. In this case, the friendly unit leaves and Obyron could Ghostwalk.

No, this doesn't work. As others have stated, the IC must move out of coherency with the unit. The unit can't move out of coherency with the IC.

If you want Obryon to Ghost Walk and not take the unit with him, you'll have to move him out of coherency with the unit and wait until next turn.