PDA

View Full Version : New Swolves Questions

Court
09-12-2009, 09:38 PM
One of our gamer's played a new wolf list tonight against my normal 2k Ultras list. Like some people have thought the book is alot more balanced than the masses give it credit for.

Only major query came up with Dawn of War and the Wolfgaurd additions to the squads. The WGs are bought as a single Elite unit than you can pull individual models off befor the game starts to act as defacto veteran srgts. So when they get attached to the squad do they become troops or keep their Elites tag in terms of deployment for DoW. Simply allowed the WG to deploy as thats clearly the intent of the rules.

Alos KPs for could get abit sticky. Do you simply treat the attached unit as part of the new squad or does each peel off count as a new KP etc etc. We assumed that since you buy them as a whole you only garner a KP if you kill the remnants of the Wolfgaurd squad like normal and obviously get 1 KP for say a Bloodclaw squad if you wipe them out plus the attached WG.

Culven
09-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Since the codex has yet to be released, I cannot give a definite answer, and there may be something in the codex that will clarify the situation.

that said, if the Wolf Guard "sergeants" are assigned to the squads before deployment, and they are attached to those squads (i.e. they can never leave), then I would think that they are part of that squad for all purposes.

Nabterayl
09-12-2009, 11:01 PM
I don't think the KP question is actually all that sticky. It's only independent characters who are their own KP, and wolf guard are not ICs. So a unit of wolf guard bought as a unit and played as a unit is one KP, and a wolf guard split off and attached to another squad is part of that squad's KP (i.e., as you say, a unit of blood claws joined by a wolf guard is only 1 KP in total).

On the unit type, I'm inclined to agree with Culven, although I don't think there's a rules-based answer to that one.

DarkLink
09-15-2009, 02:17 PM
The way it is worded simply states that each member has the option to break off and attach to certain other squads, one per squad. So an 8 man squad could split off 3 members, each of which attaches to a different squad. It doesn't explicitly say anything about killpoints, but the split off guard count as members of the other unit, and are not IC's. As such, I'd say they don't count as seperate killpoints, and are basically upgrade sargents for the other squads.