PDA

View Full Version : Imperial guard old? New codex, LOLWUT?

gendoikari87
12-06-2011, 02:55 PM
So I keep hearing people talk about how guard is starting to be the old codex and will be redone soon? Um lolwut people? it was only 2008. it's brand spaking new.

Lord Azaghul
12-06-2011, 05:12 PM
So I keep hearing people talk about how guard is starting to be the old codex and will be redone soon? Um lolwut people? it was only 2008. it's brand spaking new.

I think it was 2009, May I believe -
BUT gw is dropping the VC army book in a few months, and that book WAS 2008 - much to the frustration of about 5 fantasy armies that actually NEED an update.

DarkLink
12-06-2011, 05:38 PM

I don't know what you're talking about. There are rumors threads here for like five armies that have popped up in the last week or two, and not one of them is for the IG.

fuzzbuket
12-07-2011, 01:43 AM
going through 3 yr old warseer threads is like looking at last weeks horrosccope.

anyways are you TRYING to troll? if so you fail.

ig wont need another dex for a good few years.

AbusePuppy
12-07-2011, 01:48 AM
going through 3 yr old warseer threads is like looking at last weeks horrosccope

Exactly as useful as looking at this week's horoscope, you mean? :P

eldargal
12-07-2011, 01:56 AM
I've not heard anything about a new IG book coming, perhaps some kits but not a new book and I don't recall any Warseer rumours to that effect either.

Jambo
12-07-2011, 03:00 AM
not heard anything about new IG heard the rumours bout chaos eldar tau black templars etc but no mention of IG

MarneusCalgar
12-07-2011, 07:10 AM
Well, hope not...

Dark Angels, Black Templars, Chaos, new Vanilla codex, Sisters of Battle, Tau, Eldar, and Even Orks, that should be the concrete order for 6th edition.

eldargal
12-07-2011, 07:27 AM
There were rumours about plastic Stormtroopers and a new two-in-one tank kit and perhaps a few other small things, but not a book.

Found the thread (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=17433):

Afaik it's actually 3 kits, stormtrooper/veteran soldiers, hydra, Griffon (with colossus and medusa options), plus some finecast updates. Hydra is supposed to look a little different from the FW one.

MaxKool
12-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Well, hope not...

Dark Angels, Black Templars, Chaos, new Vanilla codex, Sisters of Battle, Tau, Eldar, and Even Orks, that should be the concrete order for 6th edition.

I wish people would stop putting DA ahead of BT.
BT is older and regardless of playability should be before them...

Fortunatly for us, GW normaly does age updates for 40K.. well necrons/DE whatever.... close enuf...

But fantasy? They have one screwed up release with that system... WE and Brets are pretty much extinct... I havent seen anyone play ANYWHERE in the region for ages.... And they keep getting jumped over by crap like this... VC??? Seriously... totaly playable and in the top group of books... It totaly could have waited...

Lockark
12-12-2011, 02:30 AM
I wish people would stop putting DA ahead of BT.
BT is older and regardless of playability should be before them...

Fortunatly for us, GW normaly does age updates for 40K.. well necrons/DE whatever.... close enuf...

But fantasy? They have one screwed up release with that system... WE and Brets are pretty much extinct... I havent seen anyone play ANYWHERE in the region for ages.... And they keep getting jumped over by crap like this... VC??? Seriously... totaly playable and in the top group of books... It totaly could have waited...

I have no clue were you consider Vampire counts "in the top group of books". Deamons are still thier, but 8th pushed them to the bottom of the barrel.

I've seen brets being played with more success then VC in all honesty. 8th realy did wreck their ****.

Wood Elfs on the other hand.... yah. They need a update.

Also thier is a reason to the VC getting a update so soon. GW wants to update all the armies so thier magic conforms to the ned magic phase. I'm looking at you Dwarf Ruins and VC spamming a same one spell over, and over, and over agien.(That and vampric powers....)

MarneusCalgar
12-12-2011, 03:46 AM
MaxKool, I wasnīt telling the codex in the concrete order they must or should be released, so stay calm...

The 2, BT and DA, are amongst the old Wolvesīs codex, the oldest of all... Now that Wolves and BA have their newest, itīs time for the other 2 to have theirs, no matter who comes first

Lord Azaghul
12-12-2011, 07:57 AM
I have no clue were you consider Vampire counts "in the top group of books". Deamons are still thier, but 8th pushed them to the bottom of the barrel.

I've seen brets being played with more success then VC in all honesty. 8th realy did wreck their ****.

Wood Elfs on the other hand.... yah. They need a update.

Also thier is a reason to the VC getting a update so soon. GW wants to update all the armies so thier magic conforms to the ned magic phase. I'm looking at you Dwarf Ruins and VC spamming a same one spell over, and over, and over agien.(That and vampric powers....)

Actually VC ARE OP right now. Read the rules for 'forbidden lore'
They can take a LVL 1 would know's all spells from one lore in my main brb - any lore.

VC still have many stupidly good builds in 8th - just not the same builds the worked in 7th.
I"ve seen it - and it aint right. ;)

And don't you dare touch my dwarf runes...its the only half way decent thing we have now that shooting has been nerfed to all hell, and that almost strictly in the magic defense department - since heroes aren't worth the points in 8th.

Lockark
12-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Actually VC ARE OP right now. Read the rules for 'forbidden lore'
They can take a LVL 1 would know's all spells from one lore in my main brb - any lore.

VC still have many stupidly good builds in 8th - just not the same builds the worked in 7th.
I"ve seen it - and it aint right. ;)

And don't you dare touch my dwarf runes...its the only half way decent thing we have now that shooting has been nerfed to all hell, and that almost strictly in the magic defense department - since heroes aren't worth the points in 8th.

That's what I'm talking about thow.

Yes. The only thing they have going for them is able to abuse magic, and the fact their magic dosen't confirm to the standard book.

But their core is garbage unless your spamming ghouls.
>___>

Brets have always been about a bunch of knights, supported by their peasants. Their are two bret players at my LGS who still do well using lists that follow that general idea.

The only "Good vampire lists in 8th" I've seen is load up on tombgaurd, and ethereal units. Then Abuse your broken magic. Ignore everything eals in the book.

Admiral Kenaris
12-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Well I don't think the IG needs a new book. Not counting 4th edition, which I did not play, I think the 5th edition IG book is the best we have had yet. That said, IG does seem to be one of those armies that gets a new book with every edition. I would be more surprised if they did NOT get a 6th edition codex then if they did.

Saturn 3
12-18-2011, 01:40 AM
No idea. I haven't heard or read anything about I.G. codex coming out, should be , need one or anything.

w7west
12-19-2011, 02:03 AM
I think it was 2009, May I believe -
BUT gw is dropping the VC army book in a few months, and that book WAS 2008 - much to the frustration of about 5 fantasy armies that actually NEED an update.

As a dwarf player I can say that I am actually fine with my book. Most of the books, even the older ones, are pretty well done and still work well in 8th (not wood elfs LOL). The book that needs the most urgent adjusting is vampire counts because of the magic. They don't need a buff or to have rules rewritten to work, they need a giant slap across the face with a nerf bat so that they can no longer spam the same spell 8 times creating 600 points of grave guard each turn and moving them 16" despite you dispelling 5 spells.

They are not that broken but they do need to be taken down to an even playing field with the rest of the armies. This will give counts a chance to use armies other than the cookie cutter "best" list.