PDA

View Full Version : Necron "Broadside" Weapons

FTE-Charge!!!
12-05-2011, 09:09 PM
The new Ghost Ark (GA) and Doomsday Cannon (DC) kits have gauss flayer arrays that contain 5 of the standard gauss weapon.

Should we treat these as a single weapon, like the hurricane bolter?

And if such, what kind of line of sight do they get? It appears that they may get 180 degrees of LOS which could allow players to measure both arrays forward towards units at their front.

So, in essence, am I allowed to move my GA up towards an enemy unit (which is directly in front of me), measure from the barrel of the closest gauss flayers and count that all 10 guns are going to shoot at the same forward target? Even if only the two separate and closest gauss flayers are the only weapons physically in range (if not LOS)?

Hope this makes sense- Im quite tired right now

Thanks in advance!

AbusePuppy
12-05-2011, 10:37 PM
They are treated as a single weapon for each array, but note that they do not have 180-degree fire arcs; you measure LOS along the barrel of the weapon, and they have a limited swivel. (As per the rulebook, if glued in place they have only a 45-degree swivel.)

thecactusman17
12-06-2011, 03:25 AM
Per the rulebook, if your weapon looks like it should be able to point in the direction desired, it can, even if modeling has made that physical action impossible.

I haven't seen the new Arks in person yet, sadly. As I understand it, it's a bunch of guns sticking straight out the side? Then I think that saying you can hit anything within 45 degrees of the facing (basicallly, within the same armor facing) would be a fair suggestion.

DrLove42
12-06-2011, 09:04 AM
I would say logically that they can only fire to the side, as "broadsides" are rarely fired forwards.

a
\__________/
d |_________ | c
/ \
b

In this (exceptionally ****) diagram i would suggest the flayers at the top can only shoot at a, the ones on the bottom can only shoot at b, and neither can shoot at c or d.

Thats what akes most sense from a broadside. To shoot at c or d they need to turn and present a larger target

EDit - So the forum is **** and wont let my wonderful text drawing work, and my work network isn't working at all so cna't produce anything better. But you kinda get the idea. 45 degree angles from the corenrs of the ark for the shots