PDA

View Full Version : Necrons 1500/1750

FatalXS
12-05-2011, 08:43 AM
I'm after your thoughts, suggestions and opinions. Normally I can see what choices will work with my style of play, the miniatures I have and those I'm willing to buy, this new codex isn't proving so easy. I'm struggling with my HQ choice (I can see the merits of several of the named Overlords and the basic Overlord with barge).

First off here's my miniature list;

Overlord with Command Barge/Annihilation Barge
Destroyer Lord with Warscythe
Necron Lord with Res Orb
Nercon Lord
2x Cryptek (warrior & praetorian/lychguard conversion)

30x Warriors
10x Immortals with Gauss Blaster

3x Wraiths with Particle Castor & 1x Whip Coils
5x Destroyers
10x Scarabs

8x Flayed Ones
5x Praetorians with Voidblade and Particle Castor

1x Tomb Spyder

I'm not so interested in the Flayed Ones since they lost their hideous visage (or whatever the name was) and I'm uncertain of the effectiveness of the Triach Praetorians, even though I believe I've made the right choice of equipment for them.

My normal/previous edition tactic utilized a veil of darkness to move either a blob of Warriors or the Immortals around with the Destroyer Lord running with the Wraiths. Both of these are still possible and I intend to continue using.

So back to my question, which Overlord/Named Character to include?
I've approximately 200 points to spend at 1500 and obviously more for 1750. (Force doesn't include the barge, flayed ones or praetorians, with a few warriors and scarabs left out as required. It does include the Destroyer Lord and Cryptek with Veil).