PDA

View Full Version : 500pt Crons

Demonus
12-02-2011, 08:07 AM
So Im usually a larger game player, 1500-2000pts on average, but we wanted to try a smaller game tonight. Originally I had a special scenario set up, involving 4 players, objectives, bonus points for secret missions, etc, but 2 guys had to cancel.

We decided to keep 500pts and possibly play 2 games from Battle Missions (random mission) instead.

My mate usually plays DE, IG or Chaos. Here is what I came up with. Suggestions welcomed.

HQ
Destroyer Lord 125pts

Troops
5 Immortals (Tesla) 85pts
5 Immortals (Tesla) 85pts

Fast
4 Canoptek Scarabs 60pts

Heavy
Anihilation Barge 90pts
Tomb Spyder 50pts

I figured the scarabs and spyder would hang back in cover adding to the swarm before charging across the field to deal with any vehicles he might have. The Barge is great for stunlocking light armor or killing off pesky troops, my troops, while small, can hug cover and go for objectives if needed late, and the Destroyer Lord should be able to handle anything shy of a Monstrous Creature.

Maelstorm
12-02-2011, 10:42 AM
I've played a couple of small games - I used 18 Scarabs (2x9) to pop armour and tie troops up, and filled the rest with Warriors for maximum firepower. So far it's worked well against Grey Knights and IG. In games that small your opponent will have trouble dealing with long range assault and subsequent tarpit.