PDA

View Full Version : Tyranids 2500

The Twilight Fade
11-29-2011, 09:57 AM
Here is a tyranid list that i've put together for a random teams tourney, now we play lots a tailored games as my friend only seems to like taking space wolves recently :p so i'm trying to make this as all comers as possible

HQ
Hive Tyrant - Two T/L Devourers, Hive Commander, Old Adversary, Adrenal Glands, Regeneration, Armoured Shell, Thorax Swarm, Paroxysm, Psychic Scream 345
3 Tyrant Guard + Lash Whips 185
Elites
3 Hive Guard 150
3 Hive Guard 150
2 Zoans in Spore + Cluster Spines 170
Troops
30 Hormagaunts + Toxin 240
30 Hormagaunts + Toxin 240
18 Termagaunts 90
Tervigon Cluster Spines Catalyst Toxin 185
12 Genestealers + Toxin 192
5 Warriors Dual Boneswords Devourers 1 Barbed Strangler 210
Heavy Support
2 Mawlocs 340

Now I know i'm spending an absurd amount of points on the H/T but time and time again its proved to be worth its cost and nearly always makes it into the opponents lines and with two medium range and a rending flamer to use when he gets close he kicks out alot of firepower.

Warriors can either stay on fire support of outflank through the tyrant ability, I'm thinking of trading the mawlocs out as they are very hit and miss and sometimes do stellar or just scatter and die.

Comments and criticism welcome

Ghoulio
11-29-2011, 10:26 AM
For the most part the list isnt too bad. There are a couple of issues though.

1) Your Hive Tyrant. Wow, this guy is a massive mess and is also an illegal build. You should drop the following:
- Thorax Swarm (cant have it and armored shell..plus its totally garbage and second biggest waste of 25pts on this guy)
- Hive Commander
- Adrenal Glands
- Regeneration
- and change Psychic Scream for Leech Essence as PS is horrendous

That should free you up 80pts right there so you can use it on other things

2) remove cluster spines from the pod (bringing your free points to 90) and by a 3rd Zoanthrope for the pod

3) Buy the Tervigon adrenal glands as well

4) Take whatever points you need to to throw in a Broodlord into the stealer squad. Trust me when i say they are worth their weight in gold

5) I would free up some points by getting rid of a couple Homragaunts from each squad (5 from each should do the trick) and get yourself a Prime with boneswords to go in that warrior squad (after you drop all ranged weapons from that squad and throw on Scything Talons). You will greatly increase their killyness and survivability.

Other than that, looks good!

Tynskel
11-29-2011, 04:32 PM
This is how I do my Tyrant:

Deviler Tyrant
Tyrant, Bone Sword and Lashwhip, TL Devourers, Hive Commander, Old Adversary, Thorax Swarm Shredder Beetles, Leech Essence, Psychic Scream
Deviler Guard
3 Guard, Lashwhips.

Sky Slasher Swarms
-3 Bases, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs

The Sky Slashers moving provide cover (remember they provide cover to the unit, of which the Tyrant is apart of!)
They provide 15 Re-rolling to hit n' wound attacks on the charge. And with the Tyrant and Guard's Lashwhips, almost everything should go first, or at least, at the same time. Oh yeah, the Tyrant fires 3 guns a turn when in range.

The Twilight Fade
11-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Your Hive Tyrant. Wow, this guy is a massive mess and is also an illegal build

Wow I never noticed the "take one" of the following before, whoops ok, so 2+ save is too worthwhile to drop so down goes the flamer, hive commander i'm a little iffy about dropping, it means the zoans come in when I need need them and allows the warrior squad/hormagaunt squad to outflank depending on opponent

Regen I can do without, its just you can afford to take low ap shots early on and have a chance of regen, with 3 tyrant guard and the fact he can't be targeted it normally means I get at least one wound back and if I do then its worth its points

I'll drop the adrenals on him and shuffle some things around to try to a 3rd zoan, i'm not sold on the new broodlord either, he costs the same as 4 genestealers and doesn't have 4 genestealers worth of damage output so i've yet to find a reason to take one over more stealers

I'll have a think again tomorrow, plenty of time to refine it yet still

The Twilight Fade
11-29-2011, 07:18 PM
Sky Slasher Swarms -3 Bases, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs

I've seen you mention this unit loads of times, for 69 points its a nice distraction, shame the only models that exist are from forgeworld.I have a huge nid army but only like to play with the models I have which unfortunately rules these guys out

I even bought 3 pyrovores on release date :eek:

Burn_Tide
12-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Your hive tyrant definitley soaks up too many points, and dies too easily, even with guard, to do so. I would invest in your elites section (i.e. zoan.'s) or Trygon and/or Trygon Prime. Otherwise, looks like a decent list. I like the idea of having a horde list, as opposed to Nid-zilla

The Twilight Fade
12-05-2011, 04:32 AM
Now whilst I agree that the tyrant is a point sink, he doesn't normally die easily and can absorb several turns of firepower. 10 Wounds at toughness 6 requires alot of dedication on my opponents behalf to get rid of which is why I invest in regen. Obv your mileage may vary but we operate quite cover heavy.

You can get cover saves easily enough by placing the guard in area terrain or simply behind termagaunts, give him FNP and i've found he always makes a mess and makes my opponents freak out

I don't have a dex on me at the moment and the list does need optimising but I will re-write some things on it tonight