PDA

View Full Version : New WD Campaign

Skari
11-27-2011, 05:01 PM
So, picked up the new WD this week and in it there is a mini 4 mission campaign Black Templars (led by Marshal Hellbrecht vs the Stormlord and his necron legions).
My friend and I want to play it out as we have the models and the drive to do it but where wondering a few things:
The first mission is a planetfall mission with all the BT's deepstriking onto the table. Fluffwise the Stormlord knows that they are comming and because of that the necrons shooting is twin linked on their first shooting phase... now correct me if I am wrong but all Black Templars in reserve, via drop pod, or teleporting will not arrive until the second turn. So, would it be reasonable to assume that they meant on the shooting phase after the first wave arrives? or are they expecting the drop pods to enter using the drop pod assault with half of them arriving... or... are they expecting you to use the planetsrike rules with reserves arriving turn 1?

Just looking for some input.

Cheers!

Skari
12-02-2011, 07:54 AM
No comments?

gwensdad
12-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Haven't picked it up yet to look at it. Might be able to tonight.

Muras
12-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Seems fairly likely to me that the intention is you play the planetfall mission from Planetstrike, which would indeed mean they arrive in force on the first turn.

Wildeybeast
12-03-2011, 07:33 AM
So, picked up the new WD this week and in it there is a mini 4 mission campaign Black Templars (led by Marshal Hellbrecht vs the Stormlord and his necron legions).
My friend and I want to play it out as we have the models and the drive to do it but where wondering a few things:
The first mission is a planetfall mission with all the BT's deepstriking onto the table. Fluffwise the Stormlord knows that they are comming and because of that the necrons shooting is twin linked on their first shooting phase... now correct me if I am wrong but all Black Templars in reserve, via drop pod, or teleporting will not arrive until the second turn. So, would it be reasonable to assume that they meant on the shooting phase after the first wave arrives? or are they expecting the drop pods to enter using the drop pod assault with half of them arriving... or... are they expecting you to use the planetsrike rules with reserves arriving turn 1?

Just looking for some input.

Cheers!

You are not expected to use the planetstrike rules since WD makes no mention of these. Drop pods always use the drop pod assault rule, it is not optional, meaning half of them will be arriving on turn 1 and as the BT go first, the necrons will have a bunch of newly arrived drop pod passengers to shoot up.

Dalleron
12-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Did not the Drop Pod assault rules start with the current Codex Space Marines, therefore not be available to the Black Templars? Because I know that my DA's don't have the rule.

There is nothing to stop anyone to allow the BT to use the rule if it is amongst friends. But speaking rules-wise, BT don't have the drop pod assault rules, as far as I know.

Skari
12-03-2011, 04:17 PM
This is correct, Black Templar drop pods are placed in and arrive via regular reserve... this makes them awesome, old drop pod rules... going second you eliminate 2 whole turns of enemy shooting.

Dalleron
12-03-2011, 11:56 PM
I don't know the specifics of mission as I don't bother with WD much anymore so I don't know the specifics of the mission. Perhaps a planetfall mission would be "in the spirit" of the campaign, as that's the point of the mission.