PDA

View Full Version : Jaws of the World Wolf questions...

Denzark
11-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Sorry if this has come up before, I have used the search function but couldn't spot what I was after.

1. Can you take inv. saves against this power? I would say no because it doesn't cause a wound, same as
the rational for the cover saves specified in the SW faq.

2. Does it affect your own troops if they happen to be under the line within 24"?

Cheers all,

MaxKool
11-27-2011, 12:54 PM
1) As far is I know, No saves of any kind. Its a removes from play ability
2) Im not sure if u can even use it like that. It dosnt scatter and it counts as a template, all the "line" powers are basicly a line shaped template. Wich normaly u cant place in a way that it will hit your own troops.

I would assume tho, your troops are inot immune to it. If there was a way for the line to scatter or be repositioned then yah i guess you could possibly hurt some of you own guys.

Dont quote me as its beeen a while since I played a SW army around here, and I dont have the codex in front of me right now....

dannyat2460
11-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Your 1st target must be enemy but if the line then passes over any of yor own you need an I test or removed no saves at all

Brymm
01-07-2012, 07:47 AM
Not to practice thread-o-mancy, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for and this was the most appropriate search result from searching: reanimation protocol, jotww, jaws world and lots of combinations of each of them. In leiu of starting a new thread, I will post here.

My question, and I'm suprised this hasn't been some giant debate so far, is this:

Can you take reanimation protcols rolls in units that are hit by Jaws of the World Wolf? I guess, more to the point, do models removed by Jaws let you add a RP counter to a unit that is hit?

I argue, yes, because as it has been stated over and over that RP is not a save of any sort. The real issue comes in as "removed as a causualty" listed in RP rules. What do you think?

The Twilight Fade
01-07-2012, 01:52 PM
This is probably gonna be one of those inconsistent rulings on behalf of GW I fear.

As a player of the new sisters WD list, I was surprised to find that they ruled in favour of miraculous intervention being able to be used against JotWW.

The wording on the rule states every time celestine is "removed as a casualty" place a counter. Now I would never have tried to take this save against JotWW previously but the FAQ allows it.

It'll be interesting to see the direction GW take when the FAQ is released

blackarmchair
01-08-2012, 03:40 AM
1) No, no saves apply. Think of the initiative test as the saving throw.

2) Yes, you select a model as your "target" and then draw the line; any models under the line are affected, friend of foe.

thecactusman17
01-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Not quite, Blackarmchair. According to the rulebook FAQ, you also roll to hit that first target.

HsojVvad
01-08-2012, 07:30 PM
So do you guys roll to hit with JotWW?

thecactusman17
01-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Jaws (and any other psychic shooting attack that isn't a template weapon) rolls to hit now, regardless of how it reads in the rule description. Psychic shooting attacks now require that the user aims the attack, when previously it was assumed to just hit automatically. Jaws, Blood Lance, and similar "draw a line" attacks target and roll against the first enemy model in the line.

blackarmchair
01-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Not quite, Blackarmchair. According to the rulebook FAQ, you also roll to hit that first target.

Yeah, I usually just play this however my opponent wants to, it doesn't really matter to me. Sometimes this rule makes sense to me (I always thought power needed to roll to hit) but in the case of weapons which already include a mechanism that tests to hit (such as JotWW and template weapons) my group just rules out the "to hit" roll.

Not sure how supported this is by FAQ but it's just how it's played around here.