PDA

View Full Version : Plurality of Cannons

s_harrington
11-24-2011, 04:44 AM
Why does the Stormraven lascannon upgrade refer to it in the plural as Lascannons?

None of the other twin linked weapons for it are refered to in the plural.
Other vehicles that have lascannon upgrades (including twinlinked) refer to them in the singular.

And it's not just one instance. Both codex versions of the Stormraven refer to it in this way.

Strange huh?

Misprint that was missed over the span of two codexs? Matt Ward screwing with my head? Unintentional bonus to all WAAC gamers?

(P.S. This question is asked light-heartedly and as a way to poke fun at the proof reading skills of the codex Quality Assurance crew!)

SotonShades
11-24-2011, 06:25 AM
well the plural of lascannon (as with all cannon) is lascannon. as for being over two codicies, the rules would have been copy/pasted, with GK special rules stuck underneath. Don't worry, I've applied for a subeditor job at GW, so hopefully little mistakes like that will be a thing of the pasts

Wolfshade
11-24-2011, 06:34 AM
Don't worry, I've applied for a subeditor job at GW, so hopefully little mistakes like that will be a thing of the pasts

I see what you did there :D

AbusePuppy
11-24-2011, 09:03 AM
well the plural of lascannon (as with all cannon) is lascannon.

"Cannon" as the plural is largely archaic and not used anymore. "Cannons" is the accepted standard in modern usage and has been for quite some time now.

@OP

Welcome to the wide world of typos.

gwensdad
11-24-2011, 10:38 AM
This is going to drive me nuts (for about 5 minutes) but I remember yesterday reading something from GW (on their blog maybe?) where they referred to the plural of lascannon as "lascannon".

Wildeybeast
11-24-2011, 02:33 PM
well the plural of lascannon (as with all cannon) is lascannon. as for being over two codicies, the rules would have been copy/pasted, with GK special rules stuck underneath. Don't worry, I've applied for a subeditor job at GW, so hopefully little mistakes like that will be a thing of the pasts

Tell me it is for WD so you can fix all the stupid grammatical errors they keep making. :p

SotonShades
11-24-2011, 02:44 PM
I believe it is rulebooks and Codeicies. And there are enough in those to keep me busy, assuming I get the job...

Wildeybeast
11-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Fair enough, they aren't exactly perfect, and editing all those WD mistakes is a big job....