PDA

View Full Version : GK 1500 Rhinos or razors?

gendoikari87
11-24-2011, 12:30 AM
so I finally got the rhinos I've been waiting for... and here's what I currently have. I can't really justify making the awesome razorback conversion (punisher cannons from FW that I have floating around) Because with a unit of 10 GK they shoot out of the rhino just as if it was a razorback minus the twin linking.

HQ
Coteaz [100]
Grand master [250][OSR, MC Weapons, 3 Servo Skulls]

Elite
Techmarine[150][Rad Grenades, OSR]

Troops
Warband[195][5 Storm Bolter Acolytes, 3 Jokaero, Chimera]
10 Grey Knights [305][Daemon Hammer, Halbred, 2 Psycannons, Rhino with Hunter killer Missile ]
10 Grey Knights [305][Daemon Hammer, Halbred, 2 Psycannons, Rhino with Hunter killer Missile ]

Total: 1500

Wolfshade
11-24-2011, 06:46 AM
Play the list have a couple of times and see how it goes. My gut reaction is that the Grandmaster is a very expensive 2nd HQ choice for a 1500pt game, but it all depends how you play.

gendoikari87
11-24-2011, 07:00 AM
yeah, but the grand master is there mostly to look good. Oh and drop a str 10 ap 1 template.

Neelam
11-28-2011, 05:03 AM
Where to start...

OSR on two models with no retinue and no eternal warrior is just asking to be instagibbed by heavy shooting. OSR is too expensive under 2k , also it means to get the most out of it neither your techmarine nor grandmaster are going to be moving.

Again with OSR you probably won't want to deep strike your GM making the servo skulls useless (unless you ditch the rhinos but that would mean even less models on the board to start with).

Halberds are too expensive on SS , they're still marines with 1 base attack.

As to your topic quest rhinos / razorbacks , it's preference really . I use psybacks as it helps with GKs long range shooting which they lack and are cheap (50pts). I find SS pretty lackluster over all so keep them to small units with a psycannon/demon hammer and razorback .

My 1.5k is roughly what follows as i don't have it to hand:

Mordrak + 5 Ghost Knights (1 Banner , rest halberds)

5 Terminators (Halberds , Demonhammer, Psycannon)

5 Terminators (Halberds , Demonhammer, Psycannon)

6 Man SS (Demonhammer, Psycannon , Psyback)

Psyrifleman

Psyrifleman

Dreadknight (Heavy Incinerator , Greatsword )

I haven't lost a game with this list although my LGS isn't highly competitive. Dreadnoughts pop transports , Mordrak is a massive distraction that will cause alot of hurt if left alone , same goes for the Dreadknight. Basically is high threat high toughness besides the SS.

roguejm11
11-28-2011, 06:59 AM
Neelam's list is definitely better then the monkey list that you have, and I have played something similar in a 1500 point game.

And have to agree with most of what Neelam's has said also, Halberds are a WASTE of points for SS. You are basically making them the same point cost as Purifiers, without Fearless, -1 attack, no Cleansing Flame.

If you plan on having a full set of 10 guys, a rhino is the better choice I think. If you have smaller groups, 5-6, the Razorback can give you more options.

gendoikari87
11-30-2011, 10:21 AM
So Here's what I've come up with.

HQ
Coteaz [100]

Elite
Techmarine[140][ OSR]
Techmarine[140][ OSR]

Troops
10 Grey Knights [295][Daemon Hammer, Halbred, 2 Psycannons, Rhino]