PDA

View Full Version : What is a Digital weapon.

Hotsauceman
11-17-2011, 11:51 PM
I am confused about what a digital weapon is.
I was reading savage scars and
[spoilers

]One of the chracters has a Ring that is a flamer, How does that work? It is to small to hold the promethium

Psychosplodge
11-18-2011, 02:29 AM
It's a miniaturised weapon small enough to be worn as rings on the fingers. They're usually one shot things.

miteyheroes
11-18-2011, 04:00 AM
Digital weapons are miniturised ring-weapons, made by the Jokareo. Popular among sneaky imperial agents who want to have a weapon that looks just like a jewellry. They're 'digital' in that they go on your digits (fingers), not as in digital-not-analogue.

chromedog
12-15-2011, 03:46 AM
I am confused about what a digital weapon is.
I was reading savage scars and
[spoilers

]One of the chracters has a Ring that is a flamer, How does that work? It is to small to hold the promethium

Being of Jokaero manufacture, there's no reason it couldn't use a flammable fuel that isn't promethium, that can be condensed further (or it keeps its fuel in a pocket dimension? Goes along with the handwavium tech in 40k anyway). Besides, it's a one shot weapon, so fuel reserves aren't really an important issue.

As noted, digital weapons go on your digits. Often designed as ornate ring-styled jewellery.

lobster-overlord
12-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Sorry to take this off topic, but would "pull my finger" be considered a digital weapon?

;-)

Necron2.0
12-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Sorry to take this off topic, but would "pull my finger" be considered a digital weapon?

;-)

Actually, that's more a template weapon.

:D

lobster-overlord
12-16-2011, 02:10 AM
Either way, it's a blast!

I always figured they were hand mounted. Size was more like the personal shields and hand devices used by the go'auld in SG1. Wrist mounted, fit over the back of the hand and came out teh finger tips.

Wolfshade
12-16-2011, 05:08 AM
If all digital weapons are created by the Jokareo how did Tycho end up with his?

chromedog
12-29-2011, 02:19 AM
He did a swap with a necron?
Blew the right chrome-dome?

ALL digital weapons pre-3rd edition were known as "Jokaero digital weapons".

Hotsauceman
12-31-2011, 02:56 AM
He did a swap with a necron?
Blew the right chrome-dome?

ALL digital weapons pre-3rd edition were known as "Jokaero digital weapons".
It was a gift from someone, She didnt even fight, She was the daughter of a rogue trader. And she said it was made for her, And that she used 12 of the 13 weapons. And this was a recent book