PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Karl Franz/Empire Griffon kit & DE titbit

eldargal
11-17-2011, 04:30 AM
From Warseer:

This comes along with the empire release, and it's supposed to be Karl Franz/heore on griffon. Not bretonnia.

Yes. First time we have seen a special character in a plastic kit.

I have heard good things about it.

BRING IT ON! :D
So a combined Karl Franz and generic Hero on Griffon plastic kit, sounds exciting.

Also I've heard some Dark Elf plastic kits are being worked on for release in approximately 18 months, Witch Elves 'confirmed' with Black Guard or executioners and another one my source didn't recognise. Somewhat corroborated with other rumourmongers. As always until GW sends out the email or pictures are leaked, it is just a rumour.

pauljc
11-17-2011, 08:19 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if they did resculpts for all those old 'fatty' DE and HE infantry kits? Ya know the ones.. Spearmen, Bowmen, etc.. I just can't abide the lack of detail and sausage-fingers compared to the intricately detailed models we have nowadays.

eldargal
11-17-2011, 08:37 AM
I paint the hands as gloves, they don't look too bad then. But yes resculpts of the core units would be nice.:)

Edit: I posted this on Warseer:

I've heard from two sources within GW that they have seen work in progress CAD thingamies for Dark Elf plastics, of which Witch Elves were named specifically. Another kit was mentioned as being Black Guard or Executioners. There was also another plastic kit he didn't recognise and some plastic characters. I'm embarassed to admit I can't find the original email to check exactly what he said. I think there may have been some large plastic critter as well.
EDIT: The other source just mentioned Witch Elf CADs which he wasn't too impressed with.

I've had this corroborated by another rumourmonger who said it fits in with what he heard of Dark Elves coming in 2013 and CAD images meaning they are usually 18-24 months or so away from production.

As always, until pictures are leaked or GW sends out an email treat it as rumour not fact.

Wildeybeast
11-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Sweet, KF has been long due an update in plastic (though it is a nice model). Any idea when? Is this supposed to be coming alongside the rumoured priest expansion?

Cherub
11-17-2011, 08:53 PM
hmm i hope its as good as the fw demi gryphon.

eldargal
11-18-2011, 02:50 AM
It could be as early as January, but no one seems sure. All I know is that they are coming 'sooner than people think'.:rolleyes: