PDA

View Full Version : Necrons 3rd Attempt - Am I getting it? 2k

Paul
11-14-2011, 09:27 PM
Hello everyone,

I revived and am reconstructing an ancient Necron army of mine. I made a 2000 point list in the New Codex, but I was wondering if it would be good / bad whathaveyou.

HQ:
Nemesor Zhandrehk 185

Royal Court:
Cryptek - Harbinger of Eternity with Chronometron and Timesplinter Cloak 70

Vargard Obyran 160

Overlord with Warscythe, Phylactery, Semperiternal Weave, Tachyon Arrow, Resurrection Orb, Phase Shifter 235

Royal Court:
2x Necron Lords with Warscythes, Resurrection Orbs 150

ELITES:
Lychguard with Dispersion Shields 225

Troops:
5x Immortals 85
20x Warriors 260
20x Warriors 260

Fast Attack:
10x Canoptek Scarabs 150

Heavy Support:
Monolith 200

TOTAL: 1980 - twenty points left for stuff

Alright, here's the plan:

Zhandrehk with the Immortals in backfield giving out special rules. Monolith in reserve. Lychguard with attached Cryptek, Overlord, Obyran in good shooting position. Two units of Warriors each gains own Lord and are deployed as needed.

Tachyon Arrow with Cryptek's Reroll and Zhandrehk's Tank Hunters should at least help with primary anti-AV14. Tank hunting immortals / monolith for everything else. Monolith portals Lychguard and friends forwards to enemy lines when possible, if tachyon arrow has been expended.

Scarabs engage enemy vehicles as needed, also screen troops.

What do you think? Terrible and back to the drawing board? Some changes needed?

Tynskel
11-14-2011, 09:39 PM
If you are gunna go with what you have, I would split the scarabs into 2 squads (spend the last 20 points to buy another base).

I do think the overlord is over-the-top. Might as well get another special character for the rules. Like Trazyn.

Infact--- Trazyn with a barge = 255. That's 235 for your lord, +20 points left over = 255.

Paul
11-14-2011, 09:43 PM
I was so close to that it's not even funny. I even bought the Trazyn model - but he's too squishy. Also I lose the long range UP YOURS from the rerolling tank-hunting Tachyon Arrow.

I agree with you the lord is a bit much, but it's the only way to get a great CQB to bolster the otherwise meh Lychguard.

Paul
11-15-2011, 10:36 PM
Well, played a pair of games today. Won both, but realized that Mr. Vargard Obyran is not worth it. Nemesor Zhandrehk was pretty good, but I am debating taking either one. I could replace them both with a standard Phaeron Lord, or another special character such as Trayzn. Suggestions?