PDA

View Full Version : Trollblood Battle Engine Shot

rabscutle
11-14-2011, 08:31 PM
http://privateerpress.com/hordes/gallery/trollbloods

At least when I'm posting this... there is a shot of the Trollblood Battle Engine. The link doesn't go anywhere if you click on the engine itself, but the pic looks like the thing will be HUGE.

whitestar333
11-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Yeah they spoiled it in one of the Insiders last week. It looks like it will be legit!

wittdooley
11-14-2011, 09:37 PM
It'll be better with a converted plastic dire troll pulling it.

scadugenga
11-14-2011, 10:30 PM
I'm with Witt on this. A Dire Troll pulling this beast would look awesome.

The horses just don't give it a good trollkin vibe.

rabscutle
11-15-2011, 08:08 AM
Those aren't horses, they are the Tuffalo's that make up the Trollblood Cavalry.

wittdooley
11-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Doesn't change the fact the Khador rip off would look much better were it pulled by a dire troll.

rabscutle
11-15-2011, 02:41 PM
I don't think it is a rip off, unless you count "it is also a carriage" as a rip off.

If it was being pulled by a Dire Troll, we'd all be saying something like "that's how the Menoth guy should look".

Also... The Khador one is going to look like a toy next to how big this thing is. It is spilling over the already huge base. I can't wait for this thing.

Can't wait to have a max Tuffalo list for fun...

wittdooley
11-15-2011, 03:31 PM
I ac tually like it more than my comment implies. I just am still a bit miffed that all the other Hordes war engines are so original and so distinctly their faction, that I can't help but be a bit dissapointed. I'd have simply preferred more Troll and less army, despite the fact that their role with the Cygnarian army is part of their story.

scadugenga
11-15-2011, 07:41 PM
Those aren't horses, they are the Tuffalo's that make up the Trollblood Cavalry.

Fair enough.
This...is why I should post when I'm more awake and not so blurry...

And I have to rescind my support behind the Dire Troll idea. Visually it would look awesome. Fluff-wise it would suck.

EG:

Dire Troll pulls the massive carriage. They come upon a handful of skorne venerators.

DT: RUUUAAAAAHHHHHHRRRRGGH! (DT tries to reach out and grab a skorne-snack and can't--his arms being chained to the thing he's pulling.)

DT: (Thinks to himself, why can I not eat snacky thing? Why arms not move?!?)

Dire Troll looks behind him to the Carriage and realizes *this* is why he can't go find hiimself a snack.

Dire Troll quickly turns on the carriage and tears it into little bitty bits, and then stomps off to go find himself a skorne-sized snack.

Dazed and bleeding trollikin wonder who had the great idea to leash a freaking-force-of-nature to a wagon...

scadugenga
11-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Okay,

After being able to see the 360 degree view--I have to say I really dig the Trollkin battle engine.

That thing is massive and cool.

Much better than the Khador Engine, and almost as cool as my Storm Strider. ;)

wittdooley
11-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Very good point. I love my storm striders.

Greggle
03-13-2012, 09:30 AM
I just picked it up, and it is gorgeous!

However, the main piece that comprises the carriage was a little warped, and flattening it out is really difficult. Also, they didn't include the board the Pygmy Loader stands on, which isn't that big a deal since I won't add him until last anyway.