PDA

View Full Version : Necromechanicus - 1500 first attempt

isotope99
11-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Thinking of doing a mechanicum conversion army with skitarii imortals, tech priests and various mechanicum constructs.

Anrakyr the traveller 165

Machine curse fits my theme and he adds some spine to my main immortal unit, his lack of an invulnerable save is worrying though - To join his immortal squad

10 Pyrrhian immortals 170
Attached Necron lord, warscythe, res orb 75

Two warscythes in this unit plus the counter attack upgrade should help them in cc against anything less than a really dedicated cc unit with good invulnerables like storm shields. Res orb helps them survive any shooting attacks and helps out with anrakyr's weakness.

5 Immortals 85

5 Immortals 85

Haven't decided what weapons to use yet, thinking blasters for the small squads and tesla carbines for the big one so they can still fire and furious charge. Small units are less of a loss if they get rolled in cc and can capture more objectives.

5 Lychguard with shields 225
Attached cryptek with destructor upgrade, gaze of flame amd solar pulse 65

Survivable CC unit and solar pulse cryptek is very useful as I'm not using the stormlord

Triarch stalker 150

Seems expensive for what it does, but I love the combo of Anrakyr's tachyon arrow and its targeting ability and I'm a big fan of big monsters in general

7 Scarabs 105

Cheap and useful as a speed bump, distraction or anti vehicle unit, cover with solar pulse and their beast attack range should allow at least one vehicle group to be picked on (shame they can't assault out of the monolith portal :()

Monolith 200

Still like a big rock in the centre of the line and there are ways to keep melta away. Can be used to leap frog Anrakyr's unit

Doomsday Ark 175

Big scary blast for taking out any enemy deathstars or deep striking units

Total points: 1,500
Kill points: 9
Models: 38

Thoughts, withering criticisms?

gendoikari87
11-14-2011, 08:12 PM
lol i'm using the GK codex. Secutor based army.