HEAVY

Psyfleman
Psyfleman
Psyfleman

=2000pts on the nose.

Suggestions?

Denied
11-13-2011, 03:47 PM
This list does not play to the strengths of a Coteaz list. Personally against a competent DE/ IG/ Crons player you will be out shot, so it's not good enough to be a shooting list. Then against a dedicated assault army you don't have the close combat abilities at all and it will just crumple.

I feel like a tool saying it, but just because you CAN fit 6 psyfileman in a list doesn't mean you should. Also JOKEaro are just that, a Joke they are BS3 and not worth it. Additionally your Chimeras do not have Fortitude, therefore they are not worth it when compared to cheaper transports that DO have fortitude. If you want to do a Henchmen oriented army I say grab up Death Cult Assasins and put them into Rhinos with 2 Melta Acolytes. Or into a Razorback with Psbolt ammo. Get 6 scoring units cheap this way and then fill in the rest of your points with things like Purifiers and Interceptor squads (purifiers first imo).

deadshane
11-13-2011, 04:33 PM
This list does not play to the strengths of a Coteaz list. Personally against a competent DE/ IG/ Crons player you will be out shot, so it's not good enough to be a shooting list. Then against a dedicated assault army you don't have the close combat abilities at all and it will just crumple.

I feel like a tool saying it, but just because you CAN fit 6 psyfileman in a list doesn't mean you should. Also JOKEaro are just that, a Joke they are BS3 and not worth it. Additionally your Chimeras do not have Fortitude, therefore they are not worth it when compared to cheaper transports that DO have fortitude. If you want to do a Henchmen oriented army I say grab up Death Cult Assasins and put them into Rhinos with 2 Melta Acolytes. Or into a Razorback with Psbolt ammo. Get 6 scoring units cheap this way and then fill in the rest of your points with things like Purifiers and Interceptor squads (purifiers first imo).

I would LOVE to see any DE player attempt to outshoot this at 2000pts. LOL!

I'm not certain how it's so "easy" to outshoot 20+ str8 HITS (not shots, HITS) a turn before any melta/lascannon/Str6/volume heavy bolter fire even begins to go off.

gendoikari87
11-13-2011, 05:48 PM
actually jokaero aren't that bad. Especially when you factor in that they can be added to a squad, and three of them are the exact same cost of a 3 lascannon HWT. Fewer wounds sure, but they provide nice bonuses to the rest of the squad, and have options for 3 different weapons. Oh and a 5+ invulnerable save.

ankhcitizen
11-13-2011, 11:41 PM
Do not underestimate Fortitude, it is golden! I'd say go with razorbacks or rhinos also having seen what a squad of death cultists can do when assaulting out of a stormraven...death cultists can clean up!

If your not a fan of them for whatever reasons look into crusaders or arco flagellants, not as good but very close. If you love acolytes then by all means have them but remember they are only effective as support or as a source of meltas.

Jokaero? haven't used them but I've been told that when used in pairs they are can be quite the dynamic duo, only one way to find out though.

Those psyflemen are scary but by god 6 of them? thats so cheesy spammy I might puke. :)

Not saying psyflemen aren't good they are excellent but they're in every frakking list. Assault cannons, plasma, missile launcher? anyone, anyone at all.

sorry for the rant