PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts Necrons - First Attempt

blackarmchair
11-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Hey all, I've had some Necrons in the closet for awhile now; time to brush them off and hop on the bandwagon! :)

[HQ]
+ Imotekh the Stormlord [225]
+ Royal Court [185]
- Harbinger of Despair with Staff of Light & Veil of Darkness
- 2x Necron Lords with Staff of Light & Ressurection Orb

[Elites]
+ Deathmarks [171]
- 9x Deathmarks

[Troops]
+ Necron Warriors [245]
- 10x Necron Warriors
- Ghost Arc
+ Necron Warriors [245]
- 10x Necron Warriors
- Ghost Arc
+ Necron Immortals [170]
- 10x Immortals with Tesla Carbines
+ Necron Immortals [170]
- 10x Immortals with Tesla Carbines

[Fast Attack]
+ Canoptek Scarabs [105]
- 7x Canoptek Scarabs
+ Canoptek Scarabs [105]
- 7x Canoptek Scarabs
+ Canoptek Scarabs [105]
- 7x Canoptek Scarabs

[Heavy Support]
+ Annihilation Barge [90]
- Twin-Linked Tesla Destructor & Tesla Cannon

Total: 1996

The plan: The Stormlord provides night cover for 1-2 turns while the army advances keeping scarabs and the barges in cover (just in case). When the time comes to drop the hammer Annihilation Barges are on anti-transport duty and scarabs hit anything AV13+, once everything has popped out it's open season for the immortals, warriors and deathmarks! The court will be split up differently depending on the game.

One idea I had for the list was to drop a ghost arc and 5x necron warriors from one unit and make it a small rear objective holder (keep it in reserves most the game) and use the extra points to get a third immortal squad. But I feel like I might be sacrificing too much scoring; ideas?

Thanks in advance everyone!

The Twilight Fade
11-14-2011, 05:49 AM
I love this list, plenty of balance and after looking at it I thought heavy mech would be an issue but scarabs are so good at eating land raiders that I guess it doesn't matter too much.

Not had much opportunity to test annihilation barges or deathmarks just yet due to lack of models, but you got the light vehicle destruction sorted so it should perform really well.

Tynskel
11-14-2011, 07:33 AM
As I am with marine squads--- I highly recommend sgts with powerfists, ie. Necron Lords with Warscythes. They will put wounds out as often as a sgt, and they can wreck armor better than a sgt.

blackarmchair
11-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Ah! Thanks Tynskel, didn't even notice that the court lords could take Warscythes just like the Overlords!

I'm gonna have to move some points around now...

You guys like the deathmarks? Should I just take some Gauss Immortals to run with my Phaeron instead? My plan was to run Imotekh and the Cryptek with them and Veil them close to their special target around turn 2-3 (post night-fight shenanigans) where I figured the extra AP3 staff and Imotekh's special shooting attack would work best. My only worry is that they're just ASKING to get assaulted after a deep-strike. The offensive ability makes me like them, I just worry about their long-term safety.

Only other idea, I'm considering splitting one of the 10-man warrior squads into 2x 5-man squads.

Thanks for all the help guys!

The Twilight Fade
11-14-2011, 01:11 PM
I go for Warscythes on the lords everytime so far, as Tynskel said its a powerfist with 2d6 armour pen so it gives your lords more flexibility and walker protection.

Phaeron + Deathmarks seems good. I think I would keep him with them until the marked squad was dead at least and consider switching him out afterward. It just means you can move into position without relying on deep strike but I think you wound them on 2's in cc too, so depending on setup and how many other squads are around them they may be able to endure a charge

blackarmchair
11-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Yeah I was thinking the same thing regarding assault, it's a shame that Imotekh doesn't have anything good for close combat (a gauntlet of fire doesn't do much).

I think I'll try the deathmarks out for a few games and decide if I like them over Immortals.