PDA

View Full Version : The Lord Inquisitor Trailer [HD]

JxKxR
11-11-2011, 11:02 AM
I do believe you will want to check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7glPda2Lcc

Needs better voice acting but hey it is fan made, and other than that it is damn sweet!

L192837465
11-11-2011, 11:11 AM
This looks absolutely amazing.

Dalleron
11-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Damn!!

musical-fool
11-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Bloody hell! looks spiffingly great! You can see why it has taken one and a half years!

Thumbs up defo!

TheBitzBarn
11-11-2011, 06:43 PM
It is a Sweet Intro and hope them the best of luck on this

Slug
11-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Can we all hire this guy and some good voice actors and get a full movie going. If they could get enough people as good with cg as this we could get an epic movie going. The intended story line is even a good one, it could easily contain fighting and non fighting scenes aplenty.

wittdooley
11-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Looks incredible. The writing ("we investigated....for a long time") could be a bit better, but is easily overlooked by how incredible it looks.

david5th
11-12-2011, 05:28 AM
BRILLIANT! The question is does GW know and what will they do about it.

MarneusCalgar
11-12-2011, 10:06 AM
And now... How can we watch Ultramarinesīs movie without feeling shame??

Night System
11-12-2011, 02:05 PM
And now... How can we watch Ultramarinesīs movie without feeling shame??

That film was an abomination.
This trailer alone knocks it out the water in comparison.

Anggul
11-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Been following this for a long time now, looks extremely pretty.

Mr.Pickelz
11-12-2011, 08:18 PM
only word i can think of is" Awesome" when watching that clip.:D

I love the Grey Knight Terminator at the end!
I Am The Hammer...

Asymmetrical Xeno
11-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Gotta agree on the voice-acting, but beyond that - it's what I expected and hoped from "Ultramarines" but never got. Top quality work.

ankhcitizen
11-12-2011, 10:23 PM
The flaws are vastly outweighed by its quality I mean I honestly cannot imagine a proper studio turning out something like this. GW NEEDS to fire the team behind the Ultramarines movie and hire this guy before someone else does!

If you told a random person that the Ultramarine movie was fanmade (play it on mute so no one recognises Hurt's voice) and that the Lord Inquisitor was by a studio they would accept it no problem.

This trailer is a wake up call for animation/cgi studios to lift their game!

Asymmetrical Xeno
11-12-2011, 11:42 PM
The flaws are vastly outweighed by its quality I mean I honestly cannot imagine a proper studio turning out something like this. GW NEEDS to fire the team behind the Ultramarines movie and hire this guy before someone else does!

If you told a random person that the Ultramarine movie was fanmade (play it on mute so no one recognises Hurt's voice) and that the Lord Inquisitor was by a studio they would accept it no problem.

This trailer is a wake up call for animation/cgi studios to lift their game!

I agree.

the arguement could be made that the professionals doing ultramarines were on a stricter time-frame contributing to it's poor quality, while a fan can spend as long as they want to get it right - however I don't think that holds water anymore since if we are going to pay for something that's being outdone by Fans, then I think it's time for the so called "pros" to raise the bar and work harder if they expect people to pay out a lot of cash for an over-priced and mediocre product.

MarneusCalgar
11-13-2011, 04:58 AM
Completely agree too

The AKH
11-13-2011, 06:58 AM
All it needs is a script written by Dan Abnett... other than that it's set.

ankhcitizen
11-13-2011, 11:26 PM
First off Dan Abnett is indeed awesome.

anyway I actually told showed a couple of friends who aren't into 40k a clip from the Ultramarine and Lord Inquisitor trailers. (skiping past the whole this is a fan made etc.. bit) I asked them which one they thought was studio done, anyone want to guess what they said?

Fingers crossed Lord Inquisitor doesn't get Damnatus screwed!

Asymmetrical Xeno
11-14-2011, 03:02 PM
First off Dan Abnett is indeed awesome.

anyway I actually told showed a couple of friends who aren't into 40k a clip from the Ultramarine and Lord Inquisitor trailers. (skiping past the whole this is a fan made etc.. bit) I asked them which one they thought was studio done, anyone want to guess what they said?

Fingers crossed Lord Inquisitor doesn't get Damnatus screwed!

Me too.

In some ways I can understand the anti-fan film stance, but I think it's one of those things that can swing either way : a good fan-film (like lord inquisitor) is certainly a good thing and promotes the setting and mythology in a positive light, however I can understand them not liking a bad film-film since that may promote their IP in a negative light.

Jambo
11-17-2011, 09:42 AM
looks amazing but im betting the GW law team is getting ready to pounce. hopefully they dont shut them down cause im sure we would all like to see the finished article

JxKxR
11-17-2011, 10:43 AM
looks amazing but im betting the GW law team is getting ready to pounce. hopefully they dont shut them down cause im sure we would all like to see the finished article

He is not making money off of it so I don't think the legal team will be called up. They have their hands full with chapter house at the moment.

Uncle Nutsy
11-17-2011, 07:28 PM

Last I looked, you can't sue someone for fan work, no matter how badly you want to.

And since this guy has created the computer models using nothing but reference material (meaning he didn't use their in-house models but made his own), they really wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Mortagon
11-17-2011, 07:43 PM
While I didn't loathe the Ultramarines movie as much as a lot of fans do, this video surely put that movie to shame. All i can say is; Damn! I hope this movie gets made (hopefully with better voice acting and scripting).

MarneusCalgar
11-18-2011, 04:04 AM
I think GW will ban the movie, as with Damnatus, but later on we will see it for share on P2P programs like Emule

Tynskel
11-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Bloody hell! looks spiffingly great! You can see why it has taken one and a half years!

Thumbs up defo!

Yeah, and to get 90 minutes it will take 45 years! Whee!