PDA

View Full Version : Necron Laser-Made Terrain, Tokens and Night/Death Scythe

Alessander
11-09-2011, 05:50 AM
Hi Everyone,

Pete B from Silver Compass Designs (http://www.silvercompassdesigns.com) here. I've been drooling over the Necron Codex for almost a week now (I got it early from my FLGS) and have made some fun items on SCD's laser engraving/cutting systems.

First off, a sneak peek (taken with a phone cam) of our upcoming Necron compatible gaming Tokens. These are tokens for the majority for the Necron-specific markers (we have tokens for the character-specific abilities as well). This set here includes 4-piece spinners for Reanimation Protocols and keeping track of Armor Deterioration after vehicles get nibbled on by Scarabs. As with all our tokens, they will come finely engraved with one color (black in this case) with the engraved details unpainted so you easily paint the details to match your tabletop army.

Next, a WIP of my first shot at a Night Scythe (these probably won't be sold commercially, I just wanted to give it a shot to boost my Necron Army =cP ). Just the basic shape right now. I'm working out how to make the surface curved like in the pic, but right now it's just made from layers of laser-cut tempered hardboard (with plasticard panel detailing). My next Scythe needs to be hollow, the core of this piece is solid hardboard and it's pretty heavy. Notice that the middle "layer" has some pod-like protrusions along the edge like shown in the Night Scythe illustration. I'll be adding the twin tesla destructor from the Annihilation/Command barge kit to the bottom. No idea (so far…) how I'll do the cockpit.

Alessander
11-09-2011, 05:56 AM
Here's pics of a test piece of Necron-themed Scenery, a giant Obelisk. The top piece slides right off and can be used as a separate smaller terrain piece in it's own right. We love the detail with the scratch-made necron runes along the side.

We sold this test piece on eBay a few weeks ago and should start production of a flat-pack kit soon.

www.silvercompassdesigns.com for precision lasered gaming gear

Alessander
11-09-2011, 06:09 AM
One more pic showing detail of the engraved runes on the edge of the Obelisk.

DrLove42
11-09-2011, 06:26 AM
Don't think much of the tokens or flier (sorry).

But the obliesk is really nice!

AbusePuppy
11-09-2011, 09:11 AM
The tokens are kinda neat, better-looking than just pennies or whatever.

That Obelisk looks pretty fantastic.

I like the upper surface of the flier, but the gap in between the two wing sections looks really awkward at this point. Presumably it's still unfinished, though, so interested to see where you go with it from here.

Luke Licens
11-09-2011, 09:57 AM
So, neat toys at what looks like reasonable prices, but there's no way to navigate your products. It looks like you sell more terrain than just the 'Harmony Gate', but there's no way to FIND it. :/

Prodigalson
11-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Love the terrain.

And the flyer is a great start!

If you get the design down I would love the plans so I could scratch build one.

DarkCorsair
11-09-2011, 06:39 PM
If you do end up selling Night Scythes at a decent price, I'll take 7 please. :D

gcsmith
11-10-2011, 07:45 AM
:P dark only time ill start a necron army is once i Hve the materials to scratch build the night fliers and 3 heavy support fliers i want, :) SAS ncerons :p

Alessander
11-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Hmm, looks like the eBay app is not working on my site...

ebay.com/sch/silvercompassdesigns/m.html

I've had enough sales inquiry emails since posting the ship that I guess I will be mass producing + selling it once the design is done (I guess by early Dec). The cockpit will be placed between the wing sections, thus the blank space in the center of the crescent.