PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pt new Necrons

Brymm
11-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Few games under my belt, here's what I found:

Scarabs are good. Spyders seem good. Flyers seem overly-good. Warriors seem bad (but score!), always getting to attempt to self repair is amazing. Either way, here's the list I've been trying out and not doing to badly with. (won both of my games with something like this, against Nids and Grey Knights)

The plan here is to have Zhandrek in with 10 immortals and the Tek with the lance in the scythe. He can zoom up and shoot some things or what have you. Obyron will be with the lighting herald and the lychguard on foot ready to Veil into danger or Veil 6" from Zhan to kick some tail, that unit should be pretty solid in CC (took down a swath of hormogaunts and a hive tyrant with guards last game). The Warriors will hang back and score and the other immortals will cover with the lord/res orb and hopefully score also. The Spyders will poop out scarabs and the scarabs will zip forward and do their thing. The heavy destroyers will give some much needed ranged antitank, along with the ability to put out some fires with their lord attatched to them.

Doesn't ring of spam. But I don't think it will be terrible.

Zhandrek - 185

Obyron - 160

Royal Court:
Cryptek with Eldrich Lance and Solar Pulse
Cryptek with Lightning Field and Volatic Staff
Necron Lord with Ressurection Orb

Necron Warriors x 10 - 130

Night Scythe (as dedicated) - 100

Immortals x 10 - 170

Immortals x 10 - 170

Lychguard x 5 with swords and shields - 225

Scarabs x 6 - 90

Scarabs x 6 - 90

Crytonek Spyder x 2 - 100

Annihilation Barage - 90

Heavy Destroyer x 3 - 180

Necron Destroyer Lord with Ressurection Orb - 155

Jambo
11-11-2011, 06:02 AM
sweet list mate. i was very intersted in Zahndrek and Obyron just for their awesomeness how you been finding them ?

Brymm
11-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Incredible. MVPs of the lists. I've tried a few more things:

I played a game where I ran Obyron with a Cryptek with the Lightning Field (the one where guys take hits if they assualt) with 10 Lychguard with swords and shields and another game where I ran him with a Lord with Res Orb and 10 Lychguard with swords and shields. The conclusion is that this might be my new favorite unit. I might be running TWO 10 man squads; one with Obyron the other with a Crytek with Veil.
I have a buddy that stills plays regular marines and uses a Librarian with Gates with 10 TH/SS termis. He's used the list for years and it still seems to win quite a bit. This seems pretty similar and seems to work BETTER considering I usually have Zhan in a Night Scythe transport and can prevent scatter.

I find the two troops choices underwhelming. They get severely outshot by Grey Knights and obviously wrecked by anything in close combat. They just seems to have bolters. I never really get to lay the full force of rapid fire on anyone because then I am automatically assualted the next turn. I have had a few occasions where I'm like "Ah ha! I'm going to POUR FIRE on that unit of Grey Knights and leave none alive!" then fire 2 or 3 squads of either immortals or warriors at them and kill ... 3 guys. Bummer.

The Ghost Ark is terrible in comparison to the Night Scythe. And the Scythe is CHEAPER, go figure.

The monolith is not the unkillable "deal with it" machine it once was, but instead, a glorified land raider. If you can keep it out of melta range, it is still a force.

The Annihilation Barge isn't the worst but it isn't the best. It needs just an AP 6 to I can shoot down some transports more reliably when there aren't troops to shoot at. Too short a range too. What's up with that??

Destroyers and Heavy Destroyers are better too because they are surpisingly a few of the only AP 3 stuff and below that actually has some range.

I digress...

Demonus
11-11-2011, 12:27 PM
HOw did your D Lord fare? I was tempted to use one with 6 wraiths as a nice fast moving *** kicking cc unit, until I noticed that he had 0 inv save option....

Brymm
11-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Actually pretty good. In my one game vs Nids he charged a squad of three zoanthropes after he broke off from his destroyer group. The other games, he was just a really expensive resurrection orb.