PDA

View Full Version : What's on your paint-station?

Warfare
09-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Haven't seen a thread like this around so correct me if there is!

At the moment, I have got my deathwing army on the go for freehand company logos and am in the process of painting a jetbike-mounted seer council.

Anyway, what are you painting at the minute?

Rapture
09-10-2009, 01:36 PM
I am painting 7 crisis suits, 1 Hammerhead, 30! firewarriors, 12 kroot, 1 kroot ox(sp?), 12 gun drones, 1 marker drone,and 1 shield drone.

Progress is almost nonexistent.

Psychosplodge
09-10-2009, 01:38 PM
A hamster.

I really ought to move it and paint something.

Aldramelech
09-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Mortars....... endless Motars

Siquid
09-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Dkok command squad. The last of my "imperial" guard. Once they're done it's on to the traitors!

Larkii
09-10-2009, 02:38 PM
I guess I have to get some new models, I am putting the finishing touches on a Hive Tyrant that I bought cheeep cause the paint job was so hideous. Stripped, magnetized and painted almost done. Also trying to finish up some of the little stuff that just sits there and looks at me almost finished. Now I must buy more!

Eisenhorn
09-10-2009, 02:39 PM
A Space Marine tactical squad with rhino (custom chapter) for painting, and a Monolith for decal work.

sukigod
09-10-2009, 03:18 PM
This...

http://www.bigshoota.com/blog-photos/bikes/bikes15.jpg

The bikes are a little further along (they're based) but it's pretty much the same.

BloodDemon
09-10-2009, 03:50 PM
6 flamers of Tzeentch, 10 flesh hounds and a Lord of Change.

Le Scriv
09-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Ugh, too much! I'm one of those people who buys models faster than they get painted!!

I've got some IG tanks and sentinals ready for primer & painting, about 1500ts of Space Marines all with basecoats and some Bloodcrushers and Bloodletters.

Le Scriv
09-10-2009, 04:59 PM
This...

The bikes are a little further along (they're based) but it's pretty much the same.

These look awesome, especially the bikes!

Not a bad idea using pringles boxes to hold brushes/tools/etc either. I've been looking for something cheap to do the same thing.

Valdore
09-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Hmmm, currently, in the pending tray rather than physically on my desk ;)

100+ Guardsmen
Indomitable Fortress
Star Phantoms Army
USS Forrestal 1:800 kit
Eurofighter Typhoon 1:72 kit
Several Leman Russes
Vendetta
Space Hulk

Not in any particular order there, and similar to Rapture's closing comment, progress is non-existent . . .

The AKH
09-10-2009, 05:20 PM
The Genestealers from the Space Hulk box (along with the rest of my friend's Nid army), 3 Tactical Squads, an Assault Squad, 2 Devastator Squads, and a few assorted Eldar.

Lord Inquisitor
09-10-2009, 06:07 PM
My Dark Eldar army. Two down a lot to go! I don't have much time for painting sadly. Saturdays are my only free days, but I always book them with going to my gaming store, paintball, or other things.

DuskRaider
09-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Currently I'm finishing up my World Eater Berserkers (24 down, 8 to go!), and then I have to do the Tactical and Havoc Squads. I really need to have these done by September 19th, as that's the day of a store grand opening / tournament here in UPNY. Blue trim is getting tiring...

sorienor
09-10-2009, 07:13 PM
As I don't have a permanent location for my painting I use a small padded box for my "currently working on" stuff.

Right now in my box I have a 5-man BA assault squad (2 of which are done), 2 old metal burnaboys (primed), a custom-built loota (primed) and a Vampire Lord which I'm not sure if I'm even going to paint it or not.

I also have a AoBR tactical squad on the side, 3 of them still need mold lines cleaned up and then they are ready for primer.

TSINI
09-10-2009, 07:26 PM
objectives and strategems!

my iron halo order came through, so i need to get some objective markers done for a tournement.

i also started a "Command key building strategem" for Cities of Death

base without crew
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dKzBWK8cqBI/SqJ9YWFM0jI/AAAAAAAAAas/FLkbaINiVdc/s400/blog4+028.jpg

crew in place
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dKzBWK8cqBI/SqJ8NuG1UKI/AAAAAAAAAZ0/PszND9QjX1s/s400/blog4+035.jpg

desk lamp (made from the new sentinel searchlight)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dKzBWK8cqBI/SqJ69t1CfWI/AAAAAAAAAZc/3xjgN8dU0x8/s400/blog4+038.jpg

maps, aerial photos, and "saucy lady" ace cards
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dKzBWK8cqBI/SqJ5kdP_OVI/AAAAAAAAAZE/wbegEdmLu1Q/s400/blog4+041.jpg

so, long day of modelling for me tommorrow...

Rapture
09-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Hmmm, currently, in the pending tray rather than physically on my desk ;)

100+ Guardsmen
Indomitable Fortress
Star Phantoms Army
USS Forrestal 1:800 kit
Eurofighter Typhoon 1:72 kit
Several Leman Russes
Vendetta
Space Hulk

Not in any particular order there, and similar to Rapture's closing comment, progress is non-existent . . .

Your list makes me feel a little better. I didn't want to tell anyone about the 15 terminators, 30 marines, 15 scouts, 7 scout bikers, 1 rhino, and 3 captains that I haven't even base coated. This topic is like confession. It feels good.

Robotfloyd
09-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Most of my chaos force:

20 CSM (2 icons, 4 plasma, 2 AC's)
8 Plague Marines
10 Berserkers
10 Possessed
Huron
Sorcerer
5 Man Terminator squad
6 Raptors
3 rhinos
2 predators
vindicator
defiler

And thats just the stuff i have based and primed. Man thats depressing:)

Aegis
09-10-2009, 08:36 PM
A Deathwing Terminator Army. Had a bunch of Termies left over from a bunch of Black Reach boxes, decided to make an all terminator force, so Deathwing it is! Terrible, but I like the paint scheme.

entendre_entendre
09-10-2009, 09:38 PM
have to finish 8 beserkers, touch up my PM's, prime/paint 10 traitor guard, 1 chimera, Space Hulk, & some minor objectives
oh yeah, i also have to decide whether or not to repaint/rearm some of my older CSM's

MajorSoB
09-11-2009, 12:03 AM
3 Crater sets
1 Battlescape
1 3-section Snow gaming board
6 Dead Space marines
1 Inquisitor Chaos Magus
8 Forgeworld Nurgle Marines
1 Forgeworld Nurgle Sorceror

For my son:
1 Nurgle deamon prince to assemble
7 Nurgling bases to base, assemble and prime
3 Nurgle Beasts

...all to be completed by October 1st!

Aventine
09-11-2009, 04:41 AM
-2 Ultramarine LR Redeemers (FW doors)
-2 Urban IG Command Squads
-20 Urban Stormtroopers
-9 Blood Imps (counts as plague bearers for my Khorne themed demons)
-1 Lamenter Thunderfire Cannon
-1 Lamenter Captain on Jetbike
-an undisclosed number of Death Korps models

hopefully all before the end of the month...

zed
09-21-2009, 11:40 PM
A Dark Elf Dreadlord
5 Scouts being wolfed up
Dwarf Lord
The White Dwarf
FW Ogryn Berserker
A marine dreadnough without arms
A Blood Angel test piece
15 Blood Claws - finished
8 Swift Claws - finished
A converted Ragnar figure

Hmmmmm Must focus more...

ddsa86
09-22-2009, 07:33 AM
Imps, Imps and more Imps. Working on 1000 point Imp army (1 cmd squad, 1 Platoon of guardsmen, 3 HW squads and 2 Sentinels) while occasionally working on some Tau and terrain to break things up.

mercer
09-22-2009, 08:01 AM
Surprisingly, nothing. Ok, I tell a lie a Imperial Fists Razorback, but I finished last night so its completed and needs putting away. Cannot belief after 2 years got nothing else queued up, I'll need to under coat some models tonight!

toymaker
09-22-2009, 08:15 AM
I finished Skulltaker on Sunday night. I'm now working on an Obliterator in World Eaters colors and Blight Drones number 2 and 3

praxis
09-22-2009, 09:08 AM
Just seven scout left to repaint to my DIY chapter, about 140 figures and a dozen tanks done already. Of course, theres a mountain of unassembled stuff, same as most people.

Hairy Piggy
09-22-2009, 09:43 AM
My almost assembled Chaos termy lord, half a squad of (traitorous) guard, 3 harlequins and lots of unused bitz:)

AsgeirArnald
09-22-2009, 09:58 AM
Let's see...

29 'Zerkers
15 Termies
Terminator Lord (Almost done)
Demon Prince
2 Rhinos
Predator
Land Raider
Defiler

I need to have everything except the termies, lord, and prince done for a tournament on Oct. 17th. And I'm a REALLY slow painter. After that stuff I'm going to finally paint up my terrain.

therealjohnny5
09-22-2009, 10:00 AM
Ugh, too much! I'm one of those people who buys models faster than they get painted!!

I've got some IG tanks and sentinals ready for primer & painting, about 1500ts of Space Marines all with basecoats and some Bloodcrushers and Bloodletters.

yeah me too. i won't even touch what's sitting in the queue but on the paint box in proses is first of 2 Ironclads. if you're really interested though i've got scenery and models out the yin yang that need painting. it looks like thing:

Scenery:
4 Bastions, and all the Defense lines, gun emplacements, and relays that accompany those bastions.
2 more craters, the PS stratagem "crashed-aquilla-laserburn-meteor" thing
A 6'x8' modular CoD tables worth of buildings, roads, misc scenery etc.
a small forest
A largish grand cannon style crevase\ mountain thing i built (which also needs 2 more parts modeled)

Armies:
Nids-
2 Broodlords
Lictor
Carnifex
22 Genestealers care of space hulk
biovore and spores
2 tyrant guard

Marines: (All Raven Guard)
2 Land raiders (one redeemer\ one standard) plus a standard conversion set for the Redeemer (1st Co)
3 Rhino's (3rd Co)
2 Razor backs and and their Hvy Flamer\Hvy Bolter conversions (3rd Co)
2 FW Deathstorm drop pods
2 Drop pods
Whirlwind (Armory)
Ironclad Dread (3rd co)
Command Squad (3rd co)
Shrike
Captain of 1st company
17 termies (1st Co)
Termie Librarian
Termie Chaplain (1st Co)
Scout squad (10th Company)
3 Land speeders (7th company)
4 Tac squads (3rd)
1 & 1\2 Devastator Squads (3rd)
Sternguard Squad (1st)
2 Assault squads (3rd)
Chapter Champion
Chapter master

Man that's depressing now that i look at it....this is why i have an ork codex and the black reach guys (which are actually painted) waiting...no more armies for me until this RG company is finished....there's also a lot of conversions and modeling going on here...hence the slowness of progress...i like modeling more than painting...one of the guys in our club is going to help with the scenery though...i guess i should put this keyboard down, and get to work....lol

mchawkeye
09-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Right now,I are mostly painting a Imperial Fist razorback, and a squad of terminators. (never mind the assault squad, bike conversions and what not I've got sitting in the case).

also I've got half a squad of Eldar Guardians and two jet bikes.

An Escher gang, a Ratskin gang.

Also, in non-40k related items, I've got 18 Sudanese Cameron Highlanders just wanting to be done.
And some dark ages Celts.

I'm sure I've missed something from the European lead/plastic mountain...

crazyredpraetorian
09-22-2009, 11:26 AM
An OOP SM Librarian that has been converted into a Rune Priest. 95% complete
A Land Speeder with GS SW decorations.95% complete
A Rhino with GS SW decorations. 75% complete
A Chapter Master converted into a Wolf Lord. 95% complete
A Wolf Guard in PA. 95% complete
An AOBR Terminator with GS SW decorations. 75% complete
......and 75 SMs, a Rhino, and a Drop Pod. unassembled.