PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: Domination Warbeasts

whitestar333
11-06-2011, 07:14 AM
Some of the Domination Warbeasts have been spoiled at Warmachine Weekend! We now can see the cards for the Winter Argus, Boneswarm, and SWAMP HORROR!

Check them out with my own detailed analysis (http://steam-poweredgamer.blogspot.com/2011/11/spoiler-domination-warbeast-cards.html)

wittdooley
11-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Good gawd. That Model is just as bad ask feared it would be.

scadugenga
11-06-2011, 08:25 PM
If you're talking about the Swamp Horror, then I agree.

The rules look like they would be interesting--but the model is just...really sub par for PP.

End of the World
11-06-2011, 09:50 PM
I really like the swamp horror and I think it fits in with the gators and being another weird creature from the swamps they can throw at their enemies.

What I don't like is the gators getting any more awesome stuff.

EDIT: Awesome article BTW OP

wittdooley
11-07-2011, 10:23 AM
If you're talking about the Swamp Horror, then I agree.

The rules look like they would be interesting--but the model is just...really sub par for PP.

I'm more of a modeller/painter, so I look at all the stuff from that perspective first. I think the swamp horror model is really not great.

I've been a bit unimpressed by a lot of their new models lately. I like the new Alexia. I like Jarl Skuld. I'm pretty sure I like Sturm and Drang. However, I feel like some of the others (eBaldur, Daimos, eGrissel, the new Legion Lock) are just really static and unispired.

I have been painting some Tale of War minis lately, so perhaps that's it....

whitestar333
11-07-2011, 12:22 PM
I guess that's a natural consequence of them looking to freelancers for their model sculpts. I'm not sure of how many sculptors they actually "employ" but I'm fairly sure that it's a bunch. Consequently, their sculpts can be hit-or-miss depending on who sculpts the model. The design team does have final approval, but I imagine that sometimes they have to say "good enough" because of deadlines.

I admit that I think that the eBaldur sculpt is really "meh" and I feel the same about Grayle. Some of the Battle Engines looks pretty sweet (Fulcrum!) and I actually think that the Legion battle engine is sculpted well, I just think the concept is a little strange.

scadugenga
11-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Personally, I really dig my Storm Strider. Talk about a model that really fits into the whole steampunk vibe. :)

But perhaps that discussion is a new thread entirely, neh?