PDA

View Full Version : Necron - Staff of Light

Xas
11-06-2011, 02:53 AM
Hey!

I bought my nec dex (german version) yesterday and would like to varify a certain bit of information with other readers:

Has the staff of light really lost it's power-weapon status in close combat? I cannot find any mentioning of a melee effect in the armory

SeattleDV8
11-06-2011, 03:49 AM
It is now a shooting weapon only.

The Twilight Fade
11-06-2011, 07:21 AM
yeah it has, although they trade out for hyperphase swords (power weapons) for free

Xas
11-06-2011, 08:01 AM
ok thanks, I was just wondering because of all the power-weapon alike blades on the models.
and the fact that it seams imhothek has nothing to ignore armro saves with O_o

Kawauso
11-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Yeah, I had to re-read that entry over and over to be sure.

It's clear; I'm just surprised that they don't count as power weapons any more. It doesn't seem like it would be that crazy.

Also, visually the blades throw you off. Doesn't help that the staves look so much like warscythes...

Xas
11-07-2011, 06:48 AM
Yeah, I had to re-read that entry over and over to be sure.

It's clear; I'm just surprised that they don't count as power weapons any more. It doesn't seem like it would be that crazy.

Also, visually the blades throw you off. Doesn't help that the staves look so much like warscythes...

Exactly. When I first assembled my Imothek before reading the book I was wondering what an awesome array of close combat weapons he had (akin to abbadon with the staff and the power claw). Then I read the rules and was surprised...

well we can still hope that it is a simple copy&paste error and that the line "counts as a power weapon in close combat" was simply lost and will be errata 'd in...

Tynskel
11-07-2011, 07:59 AM
I doubt it is an error when you can exchange the staff for a power weapon. Why would you exchange your gun sword for a sword?