Hive Mind
11-05-2011, 07:50 PM
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj108/jodiju/aod3.png

May the best, erm, bioform win.

Hive Mind
11-05-2011, 07:52 PM
For ease of reference;

The Participants

Lord Sandwich - Archon Stabby McSlashy von Pøkey-Stikk, Archon, C: DE, Huskblade, Shadow Field, Combat Drugs, Blast Pistol

Old Paladin - Megaboss IronGutz FaceBusta, Warboss, C: Orks, Cybork Body, Mega-Armour, Kombi-Rokkit, Ammo Runt, Attack Squig

Luke Licens - Shas'O'Yeaahh of Ku'Layd Sept, Shas'O, C: Tau, XV-8 Battlesuit, Burst Cannon, Fusion Blaster, Shield Generator, Stimulant Injector , Iridium Armour, Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker

Uncle Nutsy - Archon Screwball McD-bag, Archon, C: DE, Electrocorrosive Whip, Blast Pistol, Ghostplate Armour, Shadowfield, Combat Drugs

pendragon38 - Filman - Master of the Forge, C: SM, Artificer Armour, Servo-Harness, Combi-Melta, Digital Weapons, Thunder Hammer.

Bedroom General - ? - Chaos Lord, C:CSM, Terminator Armour, Pair of Lightning Claws, Mark of Nurgle

Slug - Lord Slug, Chaos Lord, C: CSM, Terminator Armour, Twin-Linked Bolter, Mark of Slaanesh, Daemon Weapon

JxKxR - Mr. Terrible, Chaos Sorcerer, C: CSM, Power Armour, Bolt Pistol, Force Weapon, Gift of Chaos, Mark of Nurgle

GM Rex Nihilo - Brotherhood Champion Montaine Mannaes, Brotherhood Champion, C: GK, Artificer Armour, Storm Bolter w/ Psy Bolts, Anointed Blade, Frag and Krak Grenades, Psych-out Grenades, Iron Halo, Empyrean Brain Mines

CrimsonTurkey - Werner, Tyranid Prime, C; Tyranids, Pair of Boneswords, Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, Regeneration

Night System - Erythropoiesis, Librarian, C: BA, Bolt Pistol, Force Weapon, Frag + Krak grenades, Power Armour, Psychic Hood, Epistolary Upgrade, Sanguine Sword & Might of Heroes

celestialatc - Vergelding, Brother-Captain, C: GK, Terminator Armour, Nemesis Force Sword, Storm Bolter, Frag, Krak, Psyk-Out Grenades, Iron Halo

fuzzbuket - Fred the 3rd, Farseer, C; Eldar, Spirit Stones, Runes of Warding , Runes of Witnessing, Mind War, Fortune.

Turner - Cobra Commander - Lord Commissar, C: IG, Carapace Armour, Plasma Pistol, Power Fist, Frag and Krak Grenades, Refractor Field

The Twilight Fade - Creeping Death, Necron Lord, C: Necrons, Warscythe, Resurrection Orb

Random - Geoff, Herald of Nurgle, C: CD, Plaguesword, Noxious Touch, Breath of Chaos

Hive Mind
11-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Since it's very late here I decided to kick things off with Mr. Terrible v Cobra Commander since I'm not overly familiar with Farseers.

Fight #1 - Mr. Terrible v. Cobra Commander.

As the crowd bayed for blood to be spilled, the two combatants entered the arena. Mr. Terrible oozed menace and several unspeakable fluids. It was clear however that Cobra Commander was not cowed, having faced servants of the Ruinous Powers on many a battlefield. The two eyed each other for some time before Mr. Terrible spat "you meet your end today, lapdog." Drawing himself to his full height, Cobra Commander replied "the Emperor Prote...". Cobra Commander never finished his thought as Mr. Terrible reached into the warp and hit the Lord Commissar with a blast of pure corruption. A coruscating flash of light leaped from Mr. Terrible's outstretched hand and when it cleared a greasy blob on the floor was all that was left to attest that Cobra Commander had ever been there at all. The crowd looked on, disappointed at the anti-climactic nature of the opening bout. Mr. Terrible simply laughed and oozed his way back out of the arena.

Mr. Terrible wins.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj108/jodiju/mrterriblevcobra.png

Uncle Nutsy
11-05-2011, 09:35 PM
wahoo! One splattered IG Commissar. Love it.

Lord Sandwich
11-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Alright! One down, fourteen to go!

On the subject of Farseers:

Weapon Skill, ballistic skill, and initiative of a Space Marine, +1
Wounds of a Space Marine Captain
Attacks of a Space Marine
Leadership of a Chapter Master
Strength and Toughness of typical Eldar fare

Wargear:
Witchblade (close combat weapon, wounds on 2+)
shuriken pistol (basically a bolt pistol)
rune armor (works like an Iron Halo)
runes of witnessing (3d6, pick lowest for psychic tests)
runes of warding (others roll 3d6 for psychic tests, any value >=12 is perils)
spirit stones (two powers/turn)
Ghosthelm (extra 3+ save to negate perils)
Mind War (psychic shooting, target and seer roll off and add leadership. If Farseer wins, deals 1 power weapon wound for each winning point)
Fortune (psychic (during movement), re-roll saving throws)

I think that's everything relevant. Have I missed anything fuzzbuket?

Hive Mind
11-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Oh, I've got Codex: Eldar but I just want to give it another good read-over before the bout and I really couldn't/can't be bothered tonight so I thought I'd fight one where I was familiar with everything while I watched the Leafs get spanked 7-0.

fuzzbuket
11-06-2011, 08:55 AM
I think that's everything relevant. Have I missed anything fuzzbuket?

no that seems to e fairly comprehensive the only thing is that mind war can be used to target individual models (e.g. ideal for charecter sniping)

and hivemind when are the fights happening on vassal? i may pop in to observe the arena (and provide shouts of glee :L)

Hive Mind
11-06-2011, 08:59 AM
I've not used Vassal online before, have no idea how to use it either.

I'm going to try and get at least another two bouts done tonight, if I get it figured out before then I'll let you know.

Hive Mind
11-06-2011, 10:36 AM
I can't get Vassal online working. Sorry.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Fight #2 ? v Fred the 3rd

Once again, the crowd had worked themselves into a fever pitch awaiting the next duel. At one end of the arena a door slid back into the wall and revealed a hulk in green armour. The crowd cheered, then the stench hit them. ? lumbered to the centre of the arena. The crowd began to whisper, where was his adversary? Then, suddenly, a lithe figure in ornate armour appeared in a flash of blue light. Stood stock still Fred focused on his opponent, attempting to destroy the soft meat of ?'s brain. The crowd sighed, disappointed. They wanted blood, not a lights show. To their great delight ? was unaffected by the Farseer's trickery and bellowed a challenge. Fred realised that this battle required martial, not psychic prowess. At an unseen signal, both charged. The crowd roared in approval. It quickly became apparent that Fred's mental exertions had taken their toll; the Farseer appeared sluggish and was unable to land a telling blow. Meanwhile ?'s lightning claws glowed with power as they repeatedly penetrated Fred's armour causing grevious wounds. Summoning all his strength Fred launched himself at ?, intent on felling the giant with one telling blow of his Witchblade. The blade struck home in a flash of energy, but ?'s filth-encrusted armour held. ?, showing a speed unexpected from a follower of Nurgle capitalised on Fred over-reaching himself and swiftly decapitated the Farseer with a sweep of his claws. Fred's body swayed, then fell to the dirt.

? wins.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj108/jodiju/fredv1.png
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj108/jodiju/fredv2.png

Hive Mind
11-06-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm not massively familiar with Archons either and as the missus is dragging me to the pub I've decided to go with a different fight, just to get another one done.

---------------------------------------------------

Fight #3 - Werner v Megaboss Irongutz Facebusta

With a low, mechanical rumbling two cages descended from the heavens. One held Werner, a Tyranid organism based on the Warrior but stronger, faster and much meaner. The other held the splendidly mega-armoured form of Irongutz Facebusta; an Ork warboss of some renown. The very instant the cage fronts blew, the two leapt for each other in an animalistic rage; Irongutz letting loose a rokkit from the curious contraption on his right arm. The rokkit spun thru the air crazily before impacting directly into Werner's chest. The beast barely noticed and barreled headlong into Irongutz, Boneswords arcing thru the air. Before Irongutz had time to launch his counter-assault Werner had landed three heavy blows. One bounced of Irongutz's cybork body creating a cascade of sparks. The other two cut thru mega-armour as if it were so much paper and caused heinous wounds to the warboss, draining his life-force and leaving nought but a wizened husk on the arena floor.

Werner wins.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj108/jodiju/werner.png

PS. I realised just after I wrote it that Irongutz is actually I1 due to his Power-Klaw but it ended up being immaterial anyway. Also, my name isn't actually Arlo Eisenburg. Arlo Eisenburg is/was a pro-rollerblader. For some reason the name has stuck with me and I use it in situations where I don't want to use my real name. Apparently I also told Vassal that Arlo was my name.

Bedroom General
11-07-2011, 01:21 AM
I am gratified that ? survives to the next round. Thanks for doing this Hive Mind.

Sure are a strange couple of sentences, but still make sense. All power to the INTAWEBZ!

Hive Mind
11-07-2011, 10:38 AM
No problem, I'm having a laugh doing it.

Do you want to name your guy, BG?

Pendragon38
11-07-2011, 10:55 AM
hivemind. The way you play out the players is bad@$$. Keep it going

CrimsonTurkey
11-07-2011, 04:52 PM
I'm glad to know that Werner, who was a pit-bull terrier, boxer, lab mix is still capable of destroying an ork warboss... my friend wasn't too happy about that when it happened.

Bedroom General
11-08-2011, 06:33 AM
Cheers Hive Mind. I'll take the opportunity provided and call him...Lord Bowel the Distended.

Loving the mini batreps. "The Emperor protec-" LOL! Go Nurgle! Although I have a bad feeling about them dirty Dark Eldar.
Your effort is appreciated, I'm hanging for the next bout!

Hive Mind
11-08-2011, 11:59 AM
No problem.

I apologise for the lack of fightage (it's definitely a word) yesterday and so far today. I'll try to get at least another one done today but I've got a lot on so no promises.

GM Rex Nihilo
11-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Hive Mind I love the captions!! Some great commentary to add some flavour to the battles nicely done! Looking forward to the next duels as they come!

Uncle Nutsy
11-10-2011, 05:45 PM
I'm not massively familiar with Archons either and as the missus is dragging me to the pub I've decided to go with a different fight, just to get another one done.

Archons have weapon skill, ballistic skill and initiative of 7. Strength, toughness and wounds are 3, leadership of ten and four attacks base.

the whip's a power weapon that halves the opponents' strength if they suffer an unsaved wound. ghostplate armour confers a 4+ and a 6++.

Hive Mind
11-11-2011, 08:41 AM
Just to let you know, I haven't forgotten about this. I've had a lot of uni work to do and the deadline is fast approaching for an article I'm submitting for publication too (email, contracts and the rule in Adams v Lindsell, anyone? Anyone?) so I've just had a lot on my plate this week.

I'll get the rest of round one's duels fought and posted over the weekend. Pinky swear.

celestialatc
11-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Just to let you know, I haven't forgotten about this. I've had a lot of uni work to do and the deadline is fast approaching for an article I'm submitting for publication too (email, contracts and the rule in Adams v Lindsell, anyone? Anyone?) so I've just had a lot on my plate this week.

I'll get the rest of round one's duels fought and posted over the weekend. Pinky swear.

No sweat Hive! Thanks for running this!

Uncle Nutsy
11-17-2011, 07:21 PM
/me pokes thread with a demiklaive.

is it still alive?

Pendragon38
11-18-2011, 08:04 AM
I hope for some more fights. But he might be busy or something.

Luke Licens
11-18-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm wondering if he's been eaten by a different splinter fleet. The Eastern Fringe is a rough neighborhood, after all.

Slug
11-23-2011, 06:36 AM
Definitely eaten I would say.

CrimsonTurkey
12-02-2011, 12:23 AM
Sadness... it looks like we've been abandoned.

Bedroom General
12-02-2011, 06:31 AM
Nah, I have hope. If his uni deadlines are anything like teacher end of year deadlines, he's working to exhaustion. I'm sure the Hivemind will return. Also its quite a bit of effort for something frivolous, give him time.

Pendragon38
12-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Has someone should trun off the Bug Zapper and see if hive mind got zapped

Luke Licens
12-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Alright, it's nearly Xmas. If we don't see any motion on this from our friendly neighborhood Hivemind before the weekend, I'll step in and finish what he started.

Uncle Nutsy
01-22-2012, 08:11 PM
someone's gotta finish this.