PDA

View Full Version : Trouble getting Necrons?

Alrik_40000
11-05-2011, 03:07 PM
So I know that GW's new marketing strategy is centered around trying to make you get your fix from them and not your local independent retailer. When I called my FLGS to see if my preorder for the Necron 'dex was in, they said they didn't have anything at all. The store clerk said that their distributor wouldn't be able to get product to them until a week from now. I got frustrated, but I wasn't mad with the store. I just really wanted that book in my hand, and if I had known the store would have trouble getting product, I would have ordered it from GW (albeit reluctantly.)

I was curious to see if anyone else was having this problem. Also, do you guys think it's GW's fault due to their new policies, the store's distributor for not ordering enough from GW, or just the fact that the store didn't have time to order stuff due to the new info blackout? (Which worked out so well for GW... Thanks Beasts of War/Wayland Games!)

Anyway, what do you think, gang?

Hive Mind
11-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Are you new around here? EVERYTHING is GW's fault.

Morgan Darkstar
11-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Are you new around here? EVERYTHING is GW's fault.

And Matt Ward's :p

Deadlift
11-05-2011, 04:13 PM
My local independent "accidentally" started letting people have their cron stuff on Wednesday.

Mystery.Shadow
11-05-2011, 11:22 PM
Not sure about the rest of the world. But my FLGS has tons of new Necron stuff in stock!

MrGiggles
11-06-2011, 07:02 AM
And Matt Ward's :p

Now, now, the Sisters Codex was Robin Cruddace's fault.

In terms of the current marketing strategy, well, it is what it is. To me, it sounds like (and I'm going to make a stretch here and assume that GW listened to some of their Independent Retailers) GW's latched on to the folks who are complaining about having dead stock when the new models roll out or news of the new models comes out. The current strategy is perhaps a way to handle that, but not a particularly good one.

Myself, I think everyone would benefit more from a longer lead on new releases, but what do I know?

eldargal
11-06-2011, 07:37 AM
If your store says the local distributor can't the product to them then the likeliest answer is they are having difficulties and it is nothing to do with GW.

N0rdicNinja
11-06-2011, 08:09 AM
I'm usually not one to defend GW, but in this instance I'm fairly certain your situation is the fault of the distributor.

Build
11-06-2011, 08:12 AM
I ordered my stuff from wayland, I don't think they've got their stock in though.

It bets the only other shop over here, who weren't even aware of the necrons being released.

Subexarch
11-06-2011, 11:04 AM
It bets the only other shop over here, who weren't even aware of the necrons being released.

That unfortunatly sounds more correct. My FLGS recieved a list of the new necron stuff 8 days before they needed to place the order (2 weeks before the official release date). They were also told by thier sales rep to sell it as soon as it arrived, the street date was for GW retail stores only!!! It sounds like your blokes just missed the boat.

JMichael
11-07-2011, 06:48 PM
My little local store has plenty of new stock. Perhaps your store didn't place their order early enough?