PDA

View Full Version : Necron 2nd Wave = Early 2012.

eldargal
11-03-2011, 08:59 AM
A tad early to be worrying about it too much I should think, but:

Couldn't see this on the thread (although I didn't go through every page!) early next year youll be getting a second wave of necrons - entries in the codex not covered by this release, 4 vehicles, a walker and 2 aircraft, also new tomb spiders IIRC.

DrLove42
11-03-2011, 09:04 AM
How does this tie in with early codexes next year (Tau was the last rumour) and the eventual Void Raven release?

eldargal
11-03-2011, 09:09 AM
No idea, the Necron stuff could come in january, the voidraven in february and the new book in March. Or we could see a multi-army release of new kits in jan-feb.:) Or the void raven may have been delayed again.:(

Necron_Lord
11-03-2011, 12:03 PM
The quoted source make no sense. There are only two vehicle kits that will need releasing, the Night Scythe/Doom Scythe hybrid kit and the Triarch Stalker kit. Besides the vehicles, the only other kits needed are Tomb Spyders, Canoptek Wraiths, Tomb Blades and 4 SCs. I would be happy with a Q1 2012 2nd wave but we shall see.

Kawauso
11-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Yeah I don't get it...

The Night Scythe and Doom Scythe could well be separate kits - the DE fliers weren't a dual-kit, and it would make sense being that one is a big flying transport and the other is more or less a fighter/bomber - but that's still only 3 vehicles, not 4.

Regardless, a 2nd wave early next year would be fantastic...I just hope Wraiths make it in, there. I'm keen to get rid of my metal ones...

Gir
11-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Problem is he says "4 vehicles, a walker and 2 flyers" as if the 4 vehicles are separate from the flyers and walker.

DrWobbles
11-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Perhaps....

perhaps the rumormonger was confused and misinterpreted the Tomb Blades, Tomb Spider, Wraiths, and Destroyers as vehicles? They are robots after all.

DrLove42
11-04-2011, 03:45 AM
Faeit212 has the artwork for the models that haven't been released yet, so might make up 2nd wave

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2011/11/necron-second-wave-pics.html

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FpqzO8pfJ8Y/TrONjSEnbuI/AAAAAAAAC-g/NMv36Cht2bI/s400/290721_md-.jpg
Triarch Stalker

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--79UOOoQ8uk/TrONdAdjTZI/AAAAAAAAC-Q/xNsuDWG23KE/s400/290720_md-.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-h81AnmRGbqo/TrONhYq6gAI/AAAAAAAAC-Y/DyGTgbuMxuU/s400/290719_md-.jpg

Doom Sythe

Theres a few more at the linked blog

Love the look of the stalker..

MarneusCalgar
11-04-2011, 04:31 AM
Love that walker idea!!!

But in two months I find it so soon to have a 2nd wave

Jambo
11-04-2011, 04:48 AM
i hope they do release the second wave early 2012 cause then i know what xmas money is getting kept for :D

The Madman
11-04-2011, 09:20 AM
The Night Scythe and Doom Scythe will be one kit, from the art work and army list entries they look exactly the same save the armaments.

the Night Scythe transports units similar to a monolith, carrying a gateway beneth itself between it's tesla destructors. should the Night Scythe be destroyed the unit is not removed or disembarked but it re alocated to reserves.

the Doom Scythe on the other hand has a Death Ray instead of the gateway between it's tesla destructors. this looks to be similar to the monolith's crystal.

Kawauso
11-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Love that walker idea!!!

But in two months I find it so soon to have a 2nd wave

They -need- a 2nd wave quickly, though.

There are a ton of units right now that have no models in the new book...and many of them look like really viable choices. There's also not really an easy way to convert them, as they're mostly pretty divergent from existing Necron kits.

I just hope that a 2nd wave is soon and has new Heavy Destroyers...they're still plastic/metal! Really?!

Gir
11-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Well based on whats missing and the artwork, we'll probably get:
Night Scythe/Doom Scythe
Wraiths/Tomb Spiders
Tomb Blades
Stalker
Destroyer/Heavy Destroyer Recut

That will make everything in the army, with only flayed ones and HQ's in Finecast.

Maelstorm
11-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Curious to see if the aftermarket compaines can get the missing Necron models to us quicker than waiting for GW to dribble them out...

lattd
11-06-2011, 08:04 AM
Curious to see if the aftermarket compaines can get the missing Necron models to us quicker than waiting for GW to dribble them out...

I bet the necron second wave is out in the next two months at the latest.

Kawauso
11-06-2011, 11:09 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if it's far off, either.

The units without kits, currently, all have very detailed illustrations under their codex entries (as opposed to, say, the Blood Angels Stormraven entry, or the DE fliers which were mostly just silhouettes), and even specifically reference the anatomy of nonexistant models - like the entry for the Night Scythe talking about where the portal is located, etc.

I bet the kits are completed and just waiting for an appropriate release slot.

Please let it be soon...

Subexarch
11-06-2011, 11:19 AM
I bet the kits are completed and just waiting for an appropriate release slot.

Please let it be soon...

This.

Brass Scorpion
11-07-2011, 06:35 AM
I bet the kits are completed and just waiting for an appropriate release slot.Absolutely. Product is usually done at least a year or two before it's released, as is the case with all the Necron stuff you are seeing in stores now.

MajorWesJanson
11-08-2011, 12:39 AM
Anyone else have the suspicion that the "2 fliers" doesn't refer to 2 necron fliers? A Doom Scythe/Night Scythe kit could be counted as 1, and maybe the DE Void Raven bomber could be the other. As it is a single kit, I could see it getting tossed into another wave. That would also bring us up closer to the 4 vehicles number, as Tomb Spyder (modular model to make 1 spyder or 3 wraiths?) is not a vehicle, and the Destroyer recut is not either. The bikes are on the border, but could count as vehicles.

That would make the "4 vehicles" the Necron Scythe flier, the Stalker, the tomb Blade bikes, and the void Raven.

The Night Scythe and Doom Scythe are almost definitely the same kit. The only piece they would need to change out is the belly plate- put either a big gun or a portal, and boom, done. Wings are the same, nose guns are the same, fuselage is the same. Not like the dark Eldar bomber which is a larger version of their fighter.

Emerald Rose Widow
11-08-2011, 02:31 AM
They -need- a 2nd wave quickly, though.

There are a ton of units right now that have no models in the new book...and many of them look like really viable choices. There's also not really an easy way to convert them, as they're mostly pretty divergent from existing Necron kits.

I just hope that a 2nd wave is soon and has new Heavy Destroyers...they're still plastic/metal! Really?!

Yeah, reminds me of how us tyranid players feel not getting models for some of the most viable units in the codex, basically being forced to kitbash our own. Though I will say I love my Tervigon conversion.

Kawauso
11-08-2011, 03:11 AM
Yeah, reminds me of how us tyranid players feel not getting models for some of the most viable units in the codex, basically being forced to kitbash our own. Though I will say I love my Tervigon conversion.

I'm a 'Nid player, too, so I feel you there. :(

I mean, the yet-to-be-released models doesn't hurt me, really, since I don't have any Tyranid 'guns' in my army, but it still sucks seeing every army in 5th get tons of new toys and Tyranids get...nothing.

Maelstorm
11-08-2011, 11:32 AM
If the 2nd wave models were ready they would have been in the codex glossy color photos, not just pencil sketches.

Here's to hoping CHS or another aftermarket company gets the missing models to us quickly and for less than GW will gouge us for.

Demonus
11-08-2011, 11:35 AM
I'm a 'Nid player, too, so I feel you there. :(

I mean, the yet-to-be-released models doesn't hurt me, really, since I don't have any Tyranid 'guns' in my army, but it still sucks seeing every army in 5th get tons of new toys and Tyranids get...nothing.

hehe yep. Thunder Wolf Calvary, some of the coolest units in Space Wolf book...no model.

i feel bad for Tyranid players. Such a cool army theme, and you dont see many around anymore.

Kawauso
11-08-2011, 12:48 PM
If the 2nd wave models were ready they would have been in the codex glossy color photos, not just pencil sketches.

Err...no. DE is proof of that. Heaps of proof.

MajorWesJanson
11-08-2011, 05:23 PM

Here's to hoping CHS or another aftermarket company gets the missing models to us quickly and for less than GW will gouge us for.

Yeah, so they can profit with cheaper resin knockoffs while the Necron plastics are in the production queue? Why try creating new and interesting units when you can make a quick buck sniping another companies designs out from under them? :mad:

Glossy color photos require the kit to be complete, mould made, mould checked for any issues, some sets of sprues made, assembled, and painted. Then they have to run up a full production batch.

You put color pictures of a brand new model in a book, and there will be tons of complaints of "They already made the kit, why isn't it out? like with the Daemon Prince. This way there is the nice artwork, and when the actual kits come out in 3-4 months, they will have an element of newness to them still as we have not seen the final kit and been waiting for a while.

Old Man Doom
11-09-2011, 10:27 PM
You put color pictures of a brand new model in a book, and there will be tons of complaints of "They already made the kit, why isn't it out? like with the Daemon Prince. This way there is the nice artwork, and when the actual kits come out in 3-4 months, they will have an element of newness to them still as we have not seen the final kit and been waiting for a while.

This. I am really, really hoping for a Triarch Stalker kit. This is the same concept with the Tomb Kings release. People freaked out about seeing blurry, faint outlines of Ushabti with bows and the prince Apophas in GW's "roundtable" video and the rumors went rampant. Then, those models got a second wave TK release very soon after the initial release(within a month or so I believe).

Emerald Rose Widow
11-10-2011, 02:33 AM
hehe yep. Thunder Wolf Calvary, some of the coolest units in Space Wolf book...no model.

i feel bad for Tyranid players. Such a cool army theme, and you dont see many around anymore.

Actually oddly enough where i live there are 5 active tyranid players including myself. Funny enough in the last ard boys tournament in the area, 3 of those tyranids took the top three slots in the tourney, i was so proud.

MarneusCalgar
11-10-2011, 08:21 AM
And I begin to think that Thunderwolf cavalry will be erased in 6th edition

Demonus
11-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Why would you think that?

Sold off 4 of mine as there is no reason to own 10 hehe. Paid for half my Necron purchases :)

Kawauso
11-10-2011, 02:13 PM
And I begin to think that Thunderwolf cavalry will be erased in 6th edition

I don't even think Space Wolves will -get- a book in 6th edition.

Old Man Doom
11-11-2011, 12:04 AM
I don't even think Space Wolves will -get- a book in 6th edition.

This makes me sad. Oh well, I still have Necrons

DrLove42
11-11-2011, 04:06 AM
Wolves probably are quite low down the list of people to get new books in 6th.

Depending on how long 6th is, and how succesful it is obviously, I think anything Wolves or later won't get a book

lattd
11-11-2011, 06:32 AM
I reckon Tyranids may get a new book in 6th.

Old Man Doom
11-17-2011, 02:23 AM
Any more word on what might exactly be coming in the second wave? Triarch stalker perhaps?

Ghost of War
11-17-2011, 08:18 AM
I personally am hoping for the TombSpyder and the Triarch Stalker.

DrLove42
11-17-2011, 09:02 AM
As a shot in the dark i'd say Triarch Stalker, Spyder andthe fliers. Maybe a new destroyer kit?

eldargal
11-17-2011, 09:30 AM
Aren't destroyers a hybrid metal/plastic kit? I'd imagine GW would want to replace that so new destroyers at some point would be logical. If I'm mistaken then nevermind.:rolleyes:

isotope99
11-17-2011, 09:39 AM
The similarities in the new artwork make a combined tomb spyder/wraith kit much more possible.

Jambo
11-17-2011, 09:44 AM
The similarities in the new artwork make a combined tomb spyder/wraith kit much more possible.

yeah i agree, was one of the first things i thought when i saw the wraith picture in the codex