PDA

View Full Version : 2k Nurgle list

brooksjedi
11-02-2011, 07:19 PM
After 11 years of playing Dark Angels, Deathwing mainly, I decided to give chaos a try, and I like Nurgle most of all the chaos gods. What can I say, the extra toughness is awesome, or so I thought. I've played 11 games so far, mostly against IG players, 6 games and tied 5 lost 1, lost all my other games to Tau, blood angels and nids. I come here alot to read but never really posted before, always "lurked" but I would really appreciate some imput and some tweaking on my list. Maybe stuff i can add, take away, any advice would be appreciated greatly.

-Typhus- 225 points

-4 Chaos Terminators, 1 heavy flamer, 1 power fist , marks of nurgle, - 175 points

- 6 plague marines 1 plague champion, in a rhino, 1 meltagun 1 power fist , rhino has daemonic possession - 206 points

- another unit exactly as above - 206 points

-6 plague marines, 1 plague champion, melta bombs power fist on champion - 206 points

-another unit exactly as above - 206 points

- 3 obliterators - 225 points

- 1 land raider - daemonic possession - 240 points

- 4 possessed 1 possessed champion, mark of nurgle

- total 1999 points.

I use the 2 units on the rhino to rush to the objective if we are playing a capture and hold and i basically just sit them there. Typhus and his unit (I place him with my terms) deepstrike in and draw fire while they eat units alive (well, half the time at least). I use my possessed in the land raider to rush the team and get into hand to hand, deepstrike my obliterators and walk them taking out tanks and other big machinery , like i use my land raider to do with its las cannons. This seems to work well for a few turns then it just all goes right to hell.
I do have a few extra units also already painted (sorry I only field my army painted, its my favorite part of this hobby) 5 possessed, 12 plague marines, and a defiler. so re-write the list, or tell me something to buy and add t5hat would make it competative. from what I have seen so far though its next to impossible to have a competative "themed" chaos army, you have to mix troops, which i hate.

Priesmal
11-09-2011, 06:53 PM
In general your list is pretty good but needs some refinement:

Typhus - Either love him or hate him. I never feel you get your value out of him myself. DP, MoN, wings and Warptime come in for 50 fewer points. And (as with all things nurgley) you can kit-bash and sculpt to your heart's content!

4-termies - MoN is far too expensive for four models. points could go toward combi-meltas and a chainfist (never bother with the p-fists on termies)

PM's - Demonic Possession on a rhino is far too expensive. Always take two weapons in the squad (either both melta or both plasma). Melta-bombs and a power fist on the same model are overkill.

Oblits - Love 'em, but don't deep strike them by themselves.

LR - I never use them, couldn't give you a fair assessment

Possessed - I love random stuff. When I first read their entry I was eager to try them out. Then I saw how much they cost... Usually random effects cause the model to be cheap because strategically (before you deploy) you are uncertain what role they shall best fulfill. If I recall correctly, these buggers roll for their abilities after they are already on the table. (Forgive me if I am off; it's been 6 months since I have seen my codex as it is on the other side of the globe currently.) Orks have fun random stuff, as do DE. Skaven even more so. Chaos's random is not done properly at all, from the possessed to the dread to Bile's augmentations or even the low and lowly Chaos spawn.

Overall, I would trim the fat on some upgrades, freeing up points for another Oblit or two.

brooksjedi
11-24-2011, 08:34 PM
thanks a lot, i had the same general thought, trimming a few upgrades and adding an obliterator. Typhus has mostly bad games, and when i get fed up and say "thats it im canning this asshat!" he kills everything he see's. but its all down to the dice rolls i believe mostly, and i roll more 1's than binary.