PDA

View Full Version : Need help with the colour pink

Forever_Bunny
11-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Hi

I was hoping that someone could help with a problem. I have found out the hard way that GW doesn't make tentacle pink anymore. So, I was wondering how does they other modeling company's pink compare to the GW's pink.

I did find this at Dakka Dakka http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

But it doesn't really tell me how each paint works with the GW models (does it give a grainy look, or too glossy looking..etc). Any help on this would be great, and sorry if a thread like this exists but I tried searching for one but couldn't fine anything on this topic.

Dastrike
11-02-2011, 10:04 AM
I have painted pink with the Vallejo Game Color line, and it is as close to tentacle pink that you will get. It isn't grainy, or overly glossy. I've been using it for my Emperor's Children and once I hit the states again I will be able to get photos up but by then you'll have figured it out.

-Cheers

theHman
11-02-2011, 02:28 PM
I've used both Vallejo pink and Privateer Press' pink for a project of mine.
I personally thought both were quite good.
In fact, the Vallejo pink goes over a black primer quite well though you do need 2-3 thin layers to get rid of the black.
I then mixed Privateer's pink in with the vallejo.

You can see how my project came out by visiting this page on my blog.

http://paintyominis.com/skorne/pink-agonizer/

I should also point out that this was my very first time using pink.

Emerald Rose Widow
11-03-2011, 01:51 AM
All of my paints are in valejo, and i have to say that so far i really like the stuff, it really turns out beautifully and i do not see any gloss really excluding with the darker colours which do have a shine to them though it is light. I am unsure about my valejo pink as i have not used it yet, but if its anything like the other lighter colours, it has practically no gloss

Lane
11-03-2011, 02:59 AM
You can order Coat D'arms paints online, they made the paints fro GW before the hard plastic 'bolter shell' paint pots.

Jambo
11-03-2011, 04:34 AM
i hate to sound repetitive lol but valejo does have a very good selection of colours and i have just recently changed to them as they seem alot better to paint with imo:D

Brass Scorpion
11-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Not only does Vallejo make pink, they make an exact clone of the GW Tentacle Pink. Additionally, in their regular paint line Vallejo makes several shades of pink as do other paint manufacturers.

Forever_Bunny
11-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Thank you everyone for reply:)

I think I will be going with Vallejo as mostly everyone here has said the pink is as closes as you can get to GW's tentacle pink, which is what I am looking for.

@theHman: Like your Pink-Agonizer looks awesome..:D

theHman
11-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Thank you everyone for reply:)

@theHman: Like your Pink-Agonizer looks awesome..:D

Thanks FB.
To be honest, I was extremely wary as I had no idea how it was gonna come out.
Hopefully all my elephants will look just as awesome (the aggy was a test for pink elephants). =)

Good luck with your project.