PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry - Full, uncut "drunk" Cornerstone New Hampshire speech, Oct. 28

Brass Scorpion
11-01-2011, 11:04 AM
If you haven't seen this video of Rick Perry's bizarre speech from Oct. 28 (at times involving a jug of maple syrup) it is priceless unintentional comedy. Creepy and weird, you have to see it for yourself.

You can see the weirdest, funniest and most bizarre parts edited together here:

http://maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/01/8578801-hugging-a-jug-of-maple-syrup-does-not-look-presidential

Or you can watch the whole thing here if you can take it:

Rick Perry - Full, uncut "drunk" Cornerstone New Hampshire speech - Friday, 28 October, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21z30aNO3cA

Drew da Destroya
11-01-2011, 11:23 AM
The GOP keeps looking increasingly stranger as time goes on. Not that the Democrats aren't full of crazies, too, but they're able to hide right now. These guys are all out in the spotlight right now!

Drunkencorgimaster
11-02-2011, 03:18 PM
I found myself actually liking this light-hearted & hammered Perry way better than his ordinary douchebag self. He seemed much cooler than usual. Maybe the Perry we usually see is the evil twin and this is the good Perry.

Morgan Darkstar
11-02-2011, 04:07 PM
this is something that interests me about american politcs,

perry = nice guy? maybe

perry = presidential material? IMHO nooooooooo! not bush again! :D

Personaly I don't care if the leader/government i vote for is thoroughly unlikeable as long as he/they can do the job.

eldargal
11-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Agreed, as far as I'm concerned they can keep three mistresses, get roaring drunk on cognac every evening and be obnoxious *******s so long as they do a decent job. RIP Winston Churchill.:rolleyes:

Personaly I don't care if the leader/government i vote for is thoroughly unlikeable as long as he/they can do the job.

American politics is anathema to me, they are free to do things however they want, of course, but personally I'll put more trust in a constitutional monarch than someone elected in a vulgar popularity contest.

Drunkencorgimaster
11-03-2011, 05:10 PM
American politics is anathema to me, they are free to do things however they want, of course, but personally I'll put more trust in a constitutional monarch than someone elected in a vulgar popularity contest.

If they happen to keep corgis I would agree.

Drew da Destroya
11-04-2011, 02:48 PM

It's not even all that effective of a popularity contest, since it isn't a straight vote count. The electoral college throws that all out of whack.

Don't you still vote for a PM, though? I didn't think they were appointed, but my knowledge of the British government is lacking.

Lord Azaghul
11-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Couldn't get through with 30 second commercial...its was a pro-oil drilling spot...and it was 30 seconds, I came to be infotained, not watch a 30 second commercial. :cool:

Morgan Darkstar
11-04-2011, 04:53 PM
It's not even all that effective of a popularity contest, since it isn't a straight vote count. The electoral college throws that all out of whack.

Don't you still vote for a PM, though? I didn't think they were appointed, but my knowledge of the British government is lacking.

We vote for a Party e.g. Labour/Conservative, more specifically we vote for a MP "Member of Parliament" the leader is chosen by the parties themselves.