PDA

View Full Version : 1,750 Al'Rahem IG

RocketRollRebel
10-31-2011, 09:53 AM
Happy Halloween all! So I'm considering taking my IG to the Conflict GT this coming January but wanted to take a different approach to my IG. I've been really wanting to make Al'Rahem work since the codex came out and I feel like I've maybe got a balance here. I know I wont place first at these types of events, but I like to think that I do well and place around the top 25% so my ultimate goal for this list is competitive, fun and uniqueness. Input is welcome!

HQ
-------------
Company Command Squad
Plasma Guns x4
Astropath
Chimera w/Multi laser and heavy flamer
-195pts

Troops
------------
Infantry Platoon

Platoon Command Squad
Al'Rahem
Melta x4
Chimera
Infantry Squad
Melta Gun
Chimera w/multi laser, heavy flamer and hunter killer missile
-125pts
Infantry Squad
Melta Gun
Chimera w/multi laser, heavy flamer and hunter killer missile
-125pts

10 Veterans
3 Melta Guns
Chimera w/multi laser and heavy flamer
-155pts

Penal Legion
-80pts

Elites
-----------
Psyker battle Squad w/6 psykers
Chimera w.multi laser and heavy flamer
-135pts

Fast Attack
----------------
Vendetta -130pts
Scout Sentinels w/Auto Cannon and Hunter Killer missile x3-150pts

Heavy Support
------------------
Manticore
-160pts
Hydra x2
-150pts
Medusa w/armored crew compartment
-150pts

1750 total

All thoughts are welcome! Thanks!

newtoncain
10-31-2011, 08:23 PM
Why HKM on Chimeras?
I like to take Demo w/ my melta vets
If you can find 55pts Sgt Harker upgrade for your vets = they can out flank also.

I also like to take some ratlings (3-5) man unit. 50ish points for a target is pretty cheap and if your opponent doesn't shoot at them = free pining rending shot for you.:D

Cyclonus
11-24-2011, 02:24 PM
I like it, except why penal legionnaires? Yeah they're cheap, but you could take more vets (and kit them out if you drop some of the HK missiles).

Dorsai
11-28-2011, 02:51 PM
I never take HKs on anything anymore. I can use those points on other things. Take that fifty points, drop the medusa and take a Leman. Far better point wise.

DadExtraordinaire
12-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Not bad list for anti-mech but what about a horde army? I would agree with other comments on the HK so I would drop all HK missiles, drop the armoured crew apart, I would also drop at least 1 PG in comp sqd, and I think you should stick with a Medusa and drop the Manticore and 1 x sentinel, giving around 270 to 280 points. I would then purchase a bog standard Leman Russ and 1 x Griffon (accurate bombardment) leaving you with 40 to 60 points to play with, maybe now you can purchase Srgnt Harker?. I'm not too sure what you plan on doing with the penal unit?