PDA

View Full Version : Aurelian is......

energongoodie
10-20-2011, 12:44 PM
*SPOILER ALERT*

CHUFFING AWESOME!

Lorgar is now a stone cold badass.

I really enjoyed this chunk of the Heresy tale. We get a really good insight into Lorgar and his motivation. There are less riddles and half truths and I felt that we were actually getting some kind of behind the scenes action of the Heresy. I will not post any review or discuss details until more people have had a chance to read it. I shall just say that it was a very satisfying little read. Great work Aaron Dembski-Bowden.
A nice little something for the fans of the Emperors Children as well.

energongoodie
10-21-2011, 05:11 AM
*****************************SPOILER ALERT**************************************

Aurelian basic breakdown

Chapter 1
Lorgar is inherently good.
We get some real nice visual descriptions of some of the Primarchs.
Lorgar is now a bad ***.

Chapter2
Lorgar is even more of a bad ***.
Lorgar’s vision of the future is for the union of human soul and deamon. Not the control and possession as seen in his brother Fulgrim.
He can psychically command Horus. Well his hand muscles at least.

Chapter3
It seems Lorgar may be psychically stronger than Magnus.

Chapter 4
Lorgar knows a lot about the Eldar.

Chapter 5
Lorgar learns that even a god may die.

Chapter 6
Lorgar has quite a lot of knowledge of the future.

Chapter 7
Lorgar learns his truth

Chapter 8
Lorgar learns he is the chosen of the Pantheon.
Lorgar gets some good advice.

Chapter 9
Lorgar is a DOUBLE HARD bad ***.

Chapter 10
Lorgar gets his fate mapped out before him and gets given his choice. I look forward to seeing this played out in other books.

Chapter 11
Magnus sees the conviction of the Emperor in Lorgar’s eyes.
Lorgar is not afraid of Horus.

Chapter 12
Word Bearers 1-0 Emperors Children

Chapter 13
Is their hope for Fulgrim?

Psychosplodge
10-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Scrolled past that 'cause only just arrived and not read it yet, but does anybody else think the author is a Metallica fan? lol:D

energongoodie
10-24-2011, 01:03 PM
He must be. As well he should be. They are my favourite band :D

eldargal
10-24-2011, 11:26 PM
Apparently a daemon mentions how many Eldar there were pre-Fall or were killed during the Fall in Aurelian, any chance someone could dig up the quote?

energongoodie
10-25-2011, 12:57 AM
Apparently a daemon mentions how many Eldar there were pre-Fall or were killed during the Fall in Aurelian, any chance someone could dig up the quote?

Not precisely I'm afraid.
It mentions the 200,000 souls of craftworld Zu'lasa, as posted in your Eldar population thread.
Then Lorgar asks how many Eldar in the empire. The deamon replies

"A whole species. Trillions. A decillion. A tredecillion. A goddess was born in every living eldar..."

eldargal
10-25-2011, 02:11 AM
So, lots then.:rolleyes: A daemon isn't exactly a reliable source but even if the lower figure is accurate it still makes a few hundred billion Eldar surviving the Fall seem more likely.

DrLove42
10-25-2011, 03:42 AM
A trecdillion?

Just for the record...that 10^42

Or 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000,000 in long hand. Thats a big number

eldargal
10-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Like I said, lots.:p It isn't as strange as it sounds, when you think Eldar have had tens of millions of years as top dog in the a galaxy. Lots of time to breed like bunnies.