PDA

View Full Version : Basing Thunderwolf models....?

Ken Winland
10-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Howdy!

I have seen most Thunderwolf models based on the large-ish dreadnought bases - are cavalry bases OK as well?

Cheers,

Ken

wittdooley
10-19-2011, 11:56 AM
I suppose if your models fit on them it would be fine as there is no listed size for them. Mine are on the 60mm.

You may want to investigate the 50mm bases; they're used in the Lord of the Rings minis game, but I know that you can purchase them from GF9 as well.

Hive Mind
10-19-2011, 12:00 PM
I personally prefer a buttery, biscuit base.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfeyUGZt8nk

Ken Winland
10-19-2011, 12:26 PM
I suppose if your models fit on them it would be fine as there is no listed size for them. Mine are on the 60mm.

You may want to investigate the 50mm bases; they're used in the Lord of the Rings minis game, but I know that you can purchase them from GF9 as well.

My fear is that GW wll rule/change the basing size. :)

I am new to the game - I played a LOT of 1st and 2nd Ed 40K.

I was planning to base my TWolves on 60mm, but Astronomi-Con has a 13th Company list (grandfathered in from a previous edition). The 13th doesn't have Thunderwolves, but they do have bikes. I was thinking about basing some wolves on bike bases with bolters mounted on them, thus allowing me to model them as "bikes" for the falvour of the 13th Company purposes. This would also allow me to use them as regular TWolves for a standard SW list.

Thanks!

Ken

UltramarineFan
10-19-2011, 12:52 PM

one of my friends and I have this as a massive running joke XD still makes me chuckle

Denzark
10-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Are they not unit type cavalry? Is there not a cavalry base?

Hive Mind
10-19-2011, 01:10 PM
What base is Canis supplied with? Use that.

Bridgetroll
10-19-2011, 02:01 PM
....And stuff like this shows how much GW cares about customer:
One Question
Two possible Solutions
Two Years of Silence

What the FAQ?!

Morgan Darkstar
10-19-2011, 03:15 PM

Mwahahahaha! :D this just made my day.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
10-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Thunderwolves are a similar size to Khorne Juggernauts cavalry (cavalry only in name, though) which are mounted on a 60mm base, and the one thunderwolf that has been seen (Canis') is a 60mm base, so I'd lean towards using the 60mm base. There's nothing stopping you from using a bike base, though, since there's no "official" size. Just go with whatever looks good, I guess.

MarneusCalgar
10-20-2011, 02:46 AM
Thatīs the problem, thereīs no official announce from GW telling us which should be the right base for the wolves mount, so use Canisīs one.

But here, in Spain, some people use Paulsonīs wolves, and they come with cavalry base

Firebird
10-20-2011, 09:00 AM
Thunderwolves are a similar size to Khorne Juggernauts cavalry (cavalry only in name, though) which are mounted on a 60mm base, and the one thunderwolf that has been seen (Canis') is a 60mm base, so I'd lean towards using the 60mm base. There's nothing stopping you from using a bike base, though, since there's no "official" size. Just go with whatever looks good, I guess.

This