PDA

View Full Version : Necron Infantry

Thornblood
10-15-2011, 06:20 PM
Just a little observation to share really.

Looking at the leg poses and the torsos of the models, it looks like there will be at least two boxed sets of plastic infantry.

There are leg/torso doubling up in the Immortals (with two weapon options) and the Deathmarks, so im expecting them to be a boxed set. From the pictures probably of five. From GW's pricing probably about £25

The Lych Guard and Triarch Praetorians have very different collars, however, legs torso and weapons are still the same (just the stabby/zappy bit on the end that changes). Again probably five to a box for £25
Just found more pictures with more weapon variants for these models. Could be more expensive...

If Immortals and Deatmarks are troops, I would expect them to be cheaper than the Lych/Triarch's (see Empire Greatswords/state troops). GW put a premium on elite models.

The Flayed ones look like they have the 2D thing going on for them (as in one or two piece moulds rather than multi-part plastics), so I would hazard a guess they will be finecast. Also top left and bottom right ones look like they have too much fine detail on them to be plastic. Sorry. Price em up same as the mandrakes.

The two special characters (Imotekh and Trazyn) and the Overlord on the left look finecast. The Overlord on the right looks like the one from the plastic Command barge (like the guy you get spare from the baneblade).

So these are my thoughts. Generally really nice and well made models but not particularly inspired and not alot of variation from Kit to kit, let alone within the same boxes. Your free to draw your own conclusions and pull mine apart.

Also, thankyou Eldargal for sharing the linky and the pics.

Maelstorm
10-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Thanks to the "Beasts of War" website for being the first to bring the photos to the web!!

Morgan Darkstar
10-15-2011, 07:35 PM
Thanks to GW for taking the pics, and making the models.

Oh! And leaving their laptop on a train :p

Build
10-16-2011, 01:03 AM
I'm a little disappointed about the immortals, they look exactly as they always have, just new weapons.

What I might do, seeing as Crons are the only army I play any more is stick together a tutorial on creating a beefier and more realistic immortal.

All you would need is some magi-sculpt and a couple of files to create something a little more heavy like this, dead easy to do an you could even make your own casts of metal plating to speed up conversions.

http://www.relic.com/misc/buggo/necronconcept1big.jpg

Deadlift
10-16-2011, 01:38 AM
Yep I was disappointed by the immortals too, I was looking forward to seeing beefier looking cron too. Im not a big fan of the new flayed ones either. Looking forward to seeing your conversion work Build.

Build
10-16-2011, 01:56 AM
Yep I was disappointed by the immortals too, I was looking forward to seeing beefier looking cron too. Im not a big fan of the new flayed ones either. Looking forward to seeing your conversion work Build.

I'm sure it was Stickmonkey on Warseer, who was harping on about how the immortals were becoming much larger in size, so seeing they didn't get changed at all was a let down to say the least.

I'll either have a word with Duke (he asked me to stick something together at some point soon) or just whack something in the project log section, should be insanely easy though.

Because of the hard edges, Necrons are easy to sculpt and convert, you just need to use something like apoxy sculpt or magi sculpt instead of green stuff, as you can file it.

Belial69
10-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Wayland games already have preorders up with prices. How accurate they are I dont know.