PDA

View Full Version : We now Know this is a fake

addamsfamily36
10-15-2011, 05:29 PM
So we all probably thought it was a fake, but the necron stat/codex page thats been floating around :

http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=111030&d=1306285253

Can now be written off. Mainly because on it, it says necron warriors may take a war barque as a dedicated transport.

However the new pictures and name for the seen transport calls it a Necron ghost ark.

Now the new picture could have a wrong labeling, but i doubt it. And the page could have been thrown together based on a sighting of a codex by say an employee, but it at least shows that the codex page is either a fake or not entirely true.

Hope someone finds this information worth while. I just happened to notice it. enjoy

P.S NEW NECRONS !!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hive Mind
10-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Or they changed the name of the transport.

Not saying that the Codex page is true/real, just saying that the transport being called an ark doesn't really change anything.

Kawauso
10-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Doesn't that concept sketch of the Ghost Ark refer to the transport as a warbarque? I think it does.

That was probably its placeholder name.

So...that doesn't disprove the unit entries in question.

addamsfamily36
10-15-2011, 09:26 PM
As a playtest page, then yes i agree that some of the stats and options will/might remain, but i wouldn't be suprised if the eventual codex entries differ from the leaked preview.

I probably shouldn't have said written off, that was a bit hasty(my bad got excited after seeing a link between name changes), but if the leaked pages are playtest or early game rules seen by an employee for example and then drawn up for us, then i would definitely expect to see some changes.

i could be wrong though.

But for me the initial "page" looked a bit iffy and necron warriors on the same page as immortals seems odd even for a playtest set of rules (i'd imagine they would still split them up into troops and elites etc)

but im speculating now so i'll shut up and let someone else voice their views. what do we think guys? radical changes or only minor ones for when we eventually see the stats for these two units?

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
10-15-2011, 10:52 PM
Immortals are rumored to now be troops, so them being on the same page as the Warriors would make sense.

Build
10-16-2011, 12:59 AM
Utterly un-surprised by the fakeness, but the thing that always has me confused is why some people go out of there way to make stuff like this up, there's more more useful things you can do with your time so why bother?

Like going outside and experiencing this "real life" everyone keeps talking about.

blackarmchair
10-16-2011, 01:02 AM
99% sure it's a fake. There was a fake one done in EXACTLY the same format for Grey Knights about two months before it came out.

One of the boards on 4chan produces them to troll.