View Full Version : Dark Eldar Void Raven coming in February

eldargal
10-14-2011, 09:21 AM
I've heard from several sources now that the Void Raven is pencilled in for a February 2012 release. As always take with a grain of salt and don't get your hopes up.

Defenestratus
10-14-2011, 09:50 AM
What does an eldar have to do to get a nightwing up in here?

eldargal
10-14-2011, 09:54 AM
Well new plastic Eldar flyers with the codex late next year if the rumours are accurate.:) Though it may not be a Nightwing, FW might keep those. We might get some hitherto unknown air-surface type fighter rather than the anti-air Nightwing. Or not, it is all very unclear.

Defenestratus
10-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Nightwings are anti-air?

Since when? :P AV12 fliers all over the place could care less about shuriken cannons and the brightlances are oft discarded with cover saves.

I find that mine serve better as void shield removal devices :)

eldargal
10-14-2011, 10:04 AM
Interceptor rule, all weapons use normal BS instead of needing 6s to hit flyers. :) Given that and its fluff it is clearly intended to be an anti-air fighter. It might be overcosted but it doesn't do too badly in that role.

Ulthwé Guardian
10-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Great to hear! With the Voidraven released it would signify a great portion of Dark Eldar models are available, minus of course the special characters. I've heard of pre Games Day stories of people saying they saw sketches of the the Voidraven. Explaining it was slightly larger than the Razorwing with an oval shaped cockpit at the front of the bomber, with the DE gunner leaning forward. I doubt if there's much validity in that story but who knows.

A Craftworld fighter will no doubt be on the cards, every codex seems to be getting a skimmer/flyer based vehicle. It might not necessary be the Nightwing fighter though. I have a feeling GW may want to try something new. In either case I wonder if they'll give it Apocalypse style Eldar holo-fields?

eldargal
10-14-2011, 10:24 AM
MajorWesJansen, and no doubt others, certainly saw the concept sketches at Games Day Chicago, there were witnesses.:)

Defenestratus
10-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Yes - hitting isn't the problem. Its the fact that 6 of its 8 shots are at Str 6 and most of the fliers these days are AV12 (Valks and SR's)

The other two shots do have a decent shot of hitting and scoring damage but they are discarded by flier cover saves usually.

Ahh well.

Prodigalson
10-14-2011, 01:38 PM
Hmmm, I play DE and am glad the bomber is coming, but I had hoped that Tau would be out in February, I guess that means I'm hoping for March since fantasy are supposed to get a codex in January.