PDA

View Full Version : Tau v Nurgle Marines...Head...Desk

Panxer
10-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Is there ANY army out there that the Tau do well against? I'm kidding of course, I've never had a tough time with IG or Nids, but Necrons and Nurgle Marines just chap me!

I know the standard logical strategies: Tons of Helios pattern (that's TL plasma and melta) xv suits, as many rail guns as one can field, lots of marker lights, seeker missiles, piranha w seeker missiles and meltas,

Is there anything anyone here can give me as far as tactics that can help taking down these plague ridden foes of the greater good?

PS no one likes T5 3+armor, 4+FNP deathless warriors. No one... Not even Necrons! I got a letter the other day from the C'tan, stating that Nurgle marines were sissies, and that their FNP is a cheap copy of wwbb (which came before Horus EVER even THOUGHT about joining the malign and poopy forces of chaos)
it was signed, hugs and kisses (we're coming for your soul energy),
the C'tan

Any help would be hot.

Old_Paladin
10-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Personally, I'd be carefull about overdoing it; a lot of that stuff gets very expensive very fast.

For the suits, I'd go Plasma, BS upgrade system and a cheap weapon (maybe burst cannon or missiles).
I'd take teams of sniper drones over broadsides; the broadside is a lot of points for a single shot, railrifles reduce the plague marines effectiveness in half.
Lots of pathfinders with railrifles; get in some wounds and get rid of cover saves.

It's a balance, it loses the short range melta and one-shot seekers, but gains you lots of extra bodies and extra shots to pump into the enemy.

JxKxR
10-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Make cheaper selections so you can fit in more bodies is the main thing against these feel no pain armies.

Marker lights + a lot of fire warriors = Death! BS 5 S 5 :D

If the Nurgle player has daemon princes and rhinos then I wouldn't leave out the broadsides.

Also a Hammerhead with an Ion Cannon can be plenty helpful.

I would take battle suits with the plasma rifle and nothing else to keep them cheaper and since they will just feel no pain everything else and you don't want to be close enough to use the fusion blaster.

And just for fun give an XV8 a Stimulant Injector.

plasticaddict
10-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Plasma/Missile pods on the suits, Broadsides, Piranha w/ meltas. Seeker missiles cost as much as a Fire warrior so not any question what's more useful, one shot per game or six? Marker lights are great to increase BS or remove pesky cover saves. I haven't found rail rifles to be of practical use against anything.