PDA

View Full Version : Terrain/Counters

charliemachina
10-10-2011, 01:33 AM
Hi all

Where can you buy terrain for Gothic.

also where can you buy counters like the blast and ordanance counters other than the obvious Ebay.

cheers

Charlie

magickbk
10-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Gothic terrain is pretty easy to make on the cheap. I usually use lava rocks (for grills) as asteroids. Just coat them in primer and give them a quick drybrush of grey or brown. For planets, get styrene balls from a craft store. You can also find resin planets online.

Franek_Dolas
03-09-2012, 11:17 PM
You can also make a star field by taking black cloth and randomly speckling it with white dots.

Blood Angel
03-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Found my starfield cheap at Walmart. In their fabric section they have some cloth which is just under 4 bucks a yard. It's a ready made space starfield. Not the goofy one with planets on it and all, the one that has stars, near and clusters farther out and a really cool blue black background. It was inexpensive enough that I bought 3 yards for my BFG, 3 yards for my Star Wars ship combat game and even a couple of yards to use as a tablecloth for playing Twilight Imperium on. It looks perfect.

Blood Angel
03-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Oh, I also got a "Moon in My Room" which is a pie plate sized rounded moon. It's for putting on the wall or ceiling and it lights up and has a remote control for switching the lighting between the different phases of the moon. I took the plastic "Moon" mart off of the shallow base it has on its back and lay it down on the starfield. Looks sweet. The built in lights are too dim to be useful and the base makes it sit up about a half an inch above the table. With the base removed, the moon sits with the bottom edge plush on the table and If I wan to light it up from inside (Like say to represent a daemon planet etc... I put tinfoil under it and use one of those cheap little led flashlights that everybody sells. You can put red plastic or tissue over the lens and make the moon glow red or whatever color you want. I wish they had other planets like this. You can find them at Toys R Us, Target and Walmart, sometimes even on clearance. Or just Google Moon in my Room.

afterimagedan
03-12-2012, 12:48 PM
A hobby knife and some pink/blue foam works really well for asteroids. Look through hobby stores for packs of wooden disks that you can drill a hole in and make bases for them out of. You can drill through, use wooden skewers for a grocery store, and put your new asteroids on.

Some gardening stores have green foam balls that people use to stick fake plant branches for decoration. I bought a bigger one (8 inches or so), cut it in half, and painted each side as a different type of planet.

Also, my dog loves stuffed toys to destroy. I like when he destroys them too because the white stuffing inside makes great gas clouds. You can also buy the stuffing for pillows for relatively cheap at a hobby, craft, or sewing store.

You can check out the scenery we made on my BFG blog here...

+++afterimagedan BFG Blog+++ (http://afterimagedan.blogspot.com/2012/03/battle-report-1-imperial-navy-vs.html)

I may have posts about making scenery soon because we may be making another game board.