PDA

View Full Version : going to play lizards vs dwarves

Havik110
10-07-2011, 01:01 PM
THis is really only my 2nd game of fantasy...

if i am playing lizards what do I take to counter cannons before they flat out decimate my lines? skirmishers and chameleons?

brokbrok
10-07-2011, 02:43 PM
chameleons and terradons mostly... mostly

Old_Paladin
10-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Take a Slann with the lore of metal and include a hero with the Ironcurse Icon.

Terradons are a good unit for warmachine hunting.

plasticaddict
10-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Chameleon Skinks give my cannons the most trouble. I haven't had to deal with Terradons yet but I can see them being useful as well. Using magic against a Dwarf army is problematic, we have far to many ways to prevent your spells from going off.

Old_Paladin
10-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Magic is far easier against dwarves in this edition. When dwarves got loads of additional dispell dice they were good; not so much anymore.

Now that a slann gets loremaster, a +4 to cast on each spell attempt, can get an additional free die with every casting attempt and get an item like 'Cupped Hands of the Old Ones'; they are a real power house of magic. It's easily enough to tip the balance far into their favour.

plasticaddict
10-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Considering I can be at +5 to dispell, take one of your casting dice to add to my dispell pool, have multiple runes of spellbreaking and spelleating, can add an anvil of doom that adds a dispell dice to my pool, a 24" circle of auto dispelling remains in play spells and nothing better to do with my magic dice than dispelling anything outside that circle, getting spells off isn't that easy.