PDA

View Full Version : Skulltaker's Chariot

FTE-Charge!!!
10-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Hi all,

What kits do you suggest for making a chariot for the Daemon Skulltaker? This chariot gives a bump to his Str, Tgh, and Wnds so it should be impressive. With this upgrade he goes up to Daemon Prince level in stats.

I've sound several promising pics on the web but I can never determine what parts were used.

Three things of note:

1. I dont care whether I use a Juggernaut or not; I have several Flesh Hounds that actually might look better pulling the chariot.

2. Lets try keeping it on as small a base as possible; functional of course! .

3. MOST IMPORTANT! My Skulltaker is already painted and not coming off of his base, so can we try to make sure the design allows for this base to fit inside?

A similar threat is already in the 40k section to try and ask those gamers as well.

Mr.Pickelz
10-06-2011, 12:38 AM
One thing i attempted, but never finished, was using the Stegadon kit and just using the back part of the canopy for him to stand on, and surround his feat with skulls, it's a little impractical due to his height from ground troops, but painted right the Stegadon makes for a mean beast of khorne.:D

Something else that caught my eye was the new Scrap-launcher kit from Ogre kingdoms, the Rhinox pulling it is around the same size as a Juggernaut, and looks to have enough room in back to hold the skulltaker model. It would need some Khorne-ify-ing, but would be an interesting conversion peice.

Thornblood
10-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Personally I would go with a VC Corpse Cart as a base- heavy duty looking wheels and not too crude (because thats why I ruled out High elves and Beastmen/orcs). The yoke is about the right height for flesh hounds to pull it. The ribs sticking u could look really good.

I would swap out the corpses for skulls (FW might do packs, GW do as well I think) and have a bloodletter driver. I'd look at finding a Whip for him.

As Bases go I think for a chariot it has to go on a chariot base really, no bigger,no smaller. This does however come with the Corpse Cart.

And on said base, maybe replay some of the spare corpses, but with heads missing??

FTE-Charge!!!
10-10-2011, 08:55 AM
Great suggestions, thanks guys!

Keep em coming!

rustbucket
11-17-2011, 09:36 AM
I like the idea of using the VC Corpse Cart but would consider using some of the solid wheels from the Screaming Bell chasis. They have several to choose from (small and large) that have the spiked tangs inside the wheel as well as spikes on the rims themselves. Would give a solid Chaos look in my opinion.

FTE-Charge!!!
11-17-2011, 11:14 AM
I ended up using a Dread sized base and put three Khorne hounds leaping off of it. I furthermore put trophy racks jutting from their backs and chains wrapped around their necks, which drape behind the model to look as if he unleashed his hounds.

Behind those models is a spot where ST can put his 40mm base snuggly.

In the end it was decided that a chariot base is firmly WFB. The Dreadknight sized base was far too big and made him a liability. But seeing how the chariot makes him Daemon Prince level I figured that round Dreadnought base was good enough.

Looks great!

zero187
12-05-2011, 11:53 PM
I like the Corpse Cart